Thread: Vietnam veterans....

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Jim Becker View Post
    $13K for hearing aids, unless they are something really special like the implants Ken has, sounds over the top. But there are big markups out there...the Rexton aids I use and paid under $2K for from Costco are regularly sold by the "name" hearing centers for as much as $6K. (yea, wow). I do have coverage for HA's from Medicare, but I use a PPO Advantage plan from the local BCBC. I know there was talk about availability for folks on "regular" Medicare, but was not aware it was real yet.
    I am bimodal with both a cochlear implant(CI) and a hearing aid (HA). My sound processor and the HA talk to each other. 3 years ago when I updated my hearing gear on both ears, Medicare Medigap Plan F did not pay for HAs but did pay for CIs and sound processors. I don't have to tell you Jim as I know you are aware, Medicare Medigap plans and Medicare Advantage plans are two totally different animals. I use an Advanced Bionics CI and a Phonak HA. Both are owned by the same corporation. My last hearing aid decreased in price to $2,000.
    Last edited by Ken Fitzgerald; 05-14-2024 at 6:07 PM.
    Ken

So much to learn, so little time.....