Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Interesting article on Cherry

The Coffee Table in front of me is QS Cherry. Love it. Getting back into the foray of buying wood.. I expect to be shocked to say the least!
    Personally, the burning thing was mostly eliminated by taking a TS blade to an excellent Blade sharpening guy that flattens! and sharpens.
    Was using a higher end? DeWalt Cross cut Blade, used for ripping also. YMMV

Here is a picture of the last load of lumber I purchased from Irion: flitch sawn 5/4 cherry: beautiful material.
    [IMG][/IMG]

I know the place. I used them when I was living in Allentown (NJ) - Trenton was a hop skip then but about 2 hours south now. I appreciate the direction though.

Quote Originally Posted by Brian Holcombe View Post
    Ask Willard Brothers to order it, they have the same supplier I do and they have no problem getting quartered/rift cherry. I ordered a couple hundred bdft recently and it's top quality stuff.

----

Cherry is wonderful, great to work with and has a nice color.

Quote Originally Posted by John Kananis View Post
    I know the place. I used them when I was living in Allentown (NJ) - Trenton was a hop skip then but about 2 hours south now. I appreciate the direction though.
    I've come to learn over the years that sometimes travel time is just part of the cost of getting the right material for the project...and the right material will always kick things up a notch. I don't go to Hearne very often but when I do, it's because I want something I know that they carry. Same with Willard Bros. It's "less convenient" for me now that we moved clear to the other side of Doylestown from where we used to live, but sometimes they are the right place for me to get what I need.
    --

The most expensive tool is the one you buy "cheaply" and often...

Totally agree, Jim. My situation is kind of unique though... I've been really limited in how far I can travel these last two years but I'm finally getting back surgery next month so hoping all that changes soon.

Quote Originally Posted by Jim Becker View Post
    I've come to learn over the years that sometimes travel time is just part of the cost of getting the right material for the project...and the right material will always kick things up a notch. I don't go to Hearne very often but when I do, it's because I want something I know that they carry. Same with Willard Bros. It's "less convenient" for me now that we moved clear to the other side of Doylestown from where we used to live, but sometimes they are the right place for me to get what I need.

John, I hope the surgery "does the trick" for sure!
    --

The most expensive tool is the one you buy "cheaply" and often...

Fingers crossed and thank you!

Quote Originally Posted by Jim Becker View Post
    John, I hope the surgery "does the trick" for sure!