Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Let it snow, let it snow, let it snow!

KEEP IT THERE, KEEP IT THERE, KEEP IT THERE

And by the way, make sure it has gone by the time the Williamsburg clambake starts in January
    Last edited by Carl Eyman; 12-05-2003 at 3:56 PM.
    18th century nut --- Carl

Glenn, sure wish I was back up in Maine to see that same kind of forecast. Here in Chesapeake all we are getting is a lot of rain. I miss the snow - 2 years in Washington State and now a year here...it's been too long.

Be well,

Doc

Have seen enough snow and cold when I lived in North Central Oklahoma and south Kansas!!!!!

It gets a bit chilly here in North Central Florida (Ocala)--have seen snow here in 1987 + or - a few years ago---and sure enjoying this nice 60-80 temp and sunshine during the day time.

I will be a thinking about you all having all of that FUN in the white stuff!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

KEN
    RUSTYNAIL

Well, I just put the 'hoe on the Kubota for ballast and did the first quick plow so that the mail-person would actually stop at the box. Six inches so far and they're now calling for at least that much more tonight overnight. It's looking pretty white out there!
    --

The most expensive tool is the one you buy "cheaply" and often...

What is snow?

Snow? That white stuff that falls from the sky when it gets cold? We don't do that here (at least not very often). The last "big" snowfall I can remember in Florida was in 1976 and it was less than 4". My kids got to play in the snow in Yosemite in March. They thought it was cool (no pun intended). They were surprised at how cold it was (must get that from mom). LOML thinks anything less than 80 is cold.

I could use a little of that cold weather. I'm still having to mow my lawn.

Kevni

Quote Originally Posted by Ken Frantz
    Have seen enough snow and cold when I lived in North Central Oklahoma and south Kansas!!!!!

It gets a bit chilly here in North Central Florida (Ocala)--have seen snow here in 1987 + or - a few years ago---and sure enjoying this nice 60-80 temp and sunshine during the day time.

I will be a thinking about you all having all of that FUN in the white stuff!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

KEN

Ken,

I was just thinking how we don't get any snow compared to "up north". But I guess compared to where you are we have a bitterly cold, snowy winter!

BTW, are you still coming this way for the holidays to enjoy some of our winter?

Bob

We did have a cold spell, down to 30 which kinda stopped the mowing part. BUT the leaves are sure falling NOW!!!!

LOVE THIS FLORIDA WEATHER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

KEN again
    RUSTYNAIL

Good evening Bob!!!!

I don't know if i am goin to make up that way or not. I need to take a Florida "vacation". I need to get my workshop (barn) put up. I am retired and don't get vacation time, but my son works 5 1/2 days a week and I need him to help me get the building put up. I just can't do all that climbing anway more It has been in the building process for about 2 years. It is a 24 x 48 arch/metal building and everything is ready to go. After the arches are up atleast I can get the tools and junque out of the a WIFE'S GARAGE"!!!!!! HI HI HI. When the arches are done I can get the woodwork part done like the front wall and the "office" space built etc.

Also I am trying to convence the wife (she and my son is the working ones) to go on a spring or fall vacation this next year. We have alway made the trip up to Ft Smith at Christmas the last 25 years. And now these old bones don't like that cold. It is bad enough here for me. But I will have do some tall talking to convence her. Sure would like to go to Terry"s BBQ next fall.

So it is touch and go at the moment

KEN
    RUSTYNAIL

Oh yeah, Now I remember why I moved to SC... Philly 18 years!!! We had 30" of the white stuff my last winter there. Ever try driving an ambulance behind a snow plow? They just don't move fast enough.
    Ya all can keep your cold, rainey, snowy winters...

although I do miss the white stuff from time to time, but it is for a fleeting moment.

Quote Originally Posted by Glenn Clabo
    According to our guess-the-weather dude...up to 12 inches and 55 mph winds are on the way for the weekend! More a little north of us...I think the snowthrower needs a tuneup!
    Just for you warm weather people...here's what a beginning winter forcast looks like..