Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Grampa's ol' John Deere......

She's a beaut Joe!!!! Very nice restoration!!!!!!
    Thanks & Happy Wood Chips,
    Dennis -
    Get the Benefits of Being an SMC Contributor..!
    ....DEBT is nothing more than yesterday's spending taken from tomorrow's income.

Quote Originally Posted by Joe Tonich
    Yeah....runs like a Deere....LOL. Will be in the Founders Day parade next year.

While I'm thinking about it....anyone know where I could get (original) the rear lights (white working light and red light) and brackets? Please PM me with any info. I've been looking but cannot find em in the tractor boneyards I've located around here.

Thanks,
    Joe, there are tons of antique tractor discussion/restoration/sales sites and forums on the internet. John Deere is probably the most popular. If I could find a new-in-the-box injector fuel pump for my 1949 Massey-Harris 44D, I'm sure you can find your lights. Good luck.

That's a great job on the JD. I have a friend to restores the red ones. He is impressed with this one.
    ________
    Ron

"Individual commitment to a group effort--that is what makes a team work, a company work, a society work, a civilization work."
    Vince Lombardi

While I'm thinking about it....anyone know where I could get (original) the rear lights (white working light and red light) and brackets? Please PM me with any info. I've been looking but cannot find em in the tractor boneyards I've located around here.

Hey Joe, Have you tried searching any of the antique tractor web sites. Here's one I use occasionally.

http://www.ytmag.com/
    "If you can't fix it, feature it."
    Kevin Swindle

Joe, the day you posted this I was giving my kids (3 years old and 11 months old) a ride on a 52 (I think) JD M/T. My father has it and 5 or 6 other antique tractors and we were up visiting. My kids wanted to ride, so we did. I'll be pulling with it or an old Silver King this fall. Can't wait. Nice restoration job. Try the green magazine for the parts you need!!