Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: *UPDATE* Wall mount HFDC motor/blower - suggestion? (pics)

Quote Originally Posted by Bart Leetch
    Not my idea but I'll be converting my DC to the configuration one day. This picture shows the current configuration of my DC. I am waiting on the fellow that wrote the article because he is going to rebuild a Grizzly G1029 to this configuration. I have the filter from Grizzly on top of my DC.
    Waiting for me, Bart? I was waiting for you to report your results back to me!

My friend who owns the Grizz is on holidays right now but when he gets back I'll ask him what his timeframe is. I'll keep you posted.

Cheers,

Allan

2. My site can't handle much traffic but check out what I did with the HFDC. Since these pictures have been posted I have switched to a garbage can set up like the one in a previous post. Just used the HF bag for a skirt. You have to resize the HF metal band for the garbage can but that was easy.

http://www.geocities.com/martink98/mydcpage

Very nice set up Jeremy!

Corey

HF DC Modifications

Martin,

That's a creative and great looking set-up you've got. What kind of performance are you getting our of your 6-inch ducting? Is it a big improvement over all 4-inch?

Keith

Canister

Bart,

Is that the canister that Grizzly sells for $165? How easily does it attach to the HF DC? Have you had any issues with clogging of the filter? I've seen complaints that filters on DCs seem to have issues with clogging.

BTW, I like how you've incorporated your trashcan into the set-up. I'm sure that makes emptying the wood chips much easier. But, if you're using the 30-micron bag from the HF DC as the skirt, doesn't that make the benefits of the 1-micron Grizzly filter negligible because the fine dust will skill come through the skirt?

Keith