Thread: League of NH Craftsmen Fair

League of NH Craftsmen Fair

Anybody planning on going to this years fair at Mt Sunapee? I'm planning on going Sunday, Aug 6. The fair runs from Aug 5-13 and is always a great show.
    I'll probably be found hanging out at the NH Woodworkers Guild tent chewing the fat with Dave Anderson. They always have great demos and raffles.
    Dave, will you be there Sunday?

Lou
    Last edited by Lou Morrissette; 08-01-2006 at 10:29 AM.
    Procrastination.......

Maybe I'll think about that tomorrow

I Lou, I'll be there Sat 8/5, mon 8/7, Sat 8/12, Sun 8/13 and might pop in a few other times as well. I took the week off since I didn't run away fast enough and ended up as the organizer for this year.

If any of you folks are up in the area of Mt Sunapee Ski Area (Mt Sunapee State Park) drop by and visit for a while. There is a lot to interest woodworkers and if you bring your spouse, leave the credit cards at home or you'll go home with a maxed out card and jewelry, clothes, stained glass, tableware, pottery, artwork, etc. Be forewarned!

The Guild of NH Woodworkers runs continuous demonstrations on turning, furniture making, shaker boxes, carving, and all kinds of other stuff for 9 days August 5th thruought August 13th.
    Dave Anderson

Chester, NH

I was there 2 or 3 years ago and I thought it was awsome. Hope to get up there this weekend. It is , by far , the best "craft show" I have ever attended.

Gary K.

You're right, Gary. I believe this fair gives a whole new meaning to "craft shows". And you can't beat the scenery of MT Sunapee as a backdrop.

Lou
    Procrastination.......

Maybe I'll think about that tomorrow

I'll be there from Thursday until Sunday (10th through the 13th) and generally around the Guild tent unless I'm checking out the goods of some of the finest artisans in New England.... If you haven't been to this event, you owe it to yoursel to try and come.... All artisans (in a variety of media) are juried by The League of New Hampshire Craftsmen and their work is exceptional. If you do stop by the Guild's tent where we will have demos and more, be sure to say hello...
    Roger