Thread: I went back to Badger Pond last Friday

I went back to Badger Pond last Friday

I kept up with the posts on the Power Tool Forum Thursday night. On Friday I thought I'd go back for a look at the last posts on the Neanderthal Forum...

It was like going back to my Mom's house after her funeral. All the furniture was still there, the pictures on the walls, clothes in the closet, but nobody lived there any more. And nobody I knew ever would again.

I didn't stay. I logged out of the Pond and deleted my bookmark.

Life goes on, and here I am. Nice to be with friends again.

Uncle Al

Working all night to keep the lights on in south Florida.

Al,

I felt the same and did the same. New begining here. Glad to have you aboard.

Terry
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Unhappy

Sad but true I too when there. The main front doors /banners are still there the rest of the pond is all gone. (snifle). Haven't removed my bookmark- yet--for some of us it's harder to let go!! See you around --
    Jerry

Bookmark

Yeah, I deleted my bookmark too, it was more emotional than I thought it would be. You know the feeling.....

Hi Al,

I usually get up a little earlier than LOML so I take my cereal upstairs and go through the new posts on the pond. Generally what happens is when my lovely wife gets up and looks for me she stands and the bottom of the stairs and says, "Are ya up there?" To which I've always answered, "Yup I'm on the Pond!" to which she invariably replies, "Okay!"

Today, our little ritual played itself out with the only difference being I answered "Yup, I'm on the Creek," to which she replied, "Okay!"

Never missed a beat,

Jim Izat

Mee too Al

It hasn't been right for a couple weeks now for some reason. I did as you, but forgot to delete my link and ended up cllicking on it Saturday because I wanted to find something in the archives. What a rude awakening. Oh well, out with the old and in with the new.
    Gary Hern
    St. Louis, MO.

Making sawdust is more fun than cleaning it up!

The End and a New start

Yup....I was there right up till the last post last Friday nite.

I really never felt like I belonged in the Pond (attachment to others thru the picnics and shop stop overs), but I was there damn near every day and got to cyber-know alot of people and got a ton of inquiries answered.

Personally, I think this is a great resource of being able to throw out damn near anything of a question and all you guys (and gals) help out if your able. Kinda like pickin up the phone and dialing a random number outa the phone book.

Anyways, it was kinda sad with the Pond closing, but as I surf to more and more sites....I see the same 'ole names here and there.

Thats pretty cool too.

I guess I will try to make this place feel like "home" .

Scott

Another refugee from the Pond. I mainly lurked there but posted now and then over 12 months or so. When they announced the closure I just deleted my bookmark and never went back.
    I don't like goodby.

It's my home page

And I will leave it that way untill I make this place my new home I just feel like I'm visiting right now.

Huntsville, AL (The Sun and Fun Capital of The South)

Re: It's my home page

Originally posted by Ernie Miller Topeka
    And I will leave it that way untill I make this place my new home I just feel like I'm visiting right now.
    I predict you will make this your "home page" soon. Glad to see you here Ernie.

The "Rocker" makes an appearence !!!

Hey Ernie !,

Glad to see your out and about.

Have a rockin good day ....eh.

Scott

Hey fellows! Let's not dwell in the past but intensify the future. We have a new home and a bunch of good woodworkers will make this place awesome soon enough!