Thread: Some Turnings for Mom.

Some Turnings for Mom.

I had a request for a few small, unique gifts from my Mom, and ya gotta keep Mom happy! I turned these the past few days, and I wanted to share them with you. The Confetti Lamp is Cherry, with 2 coats of Tung Oil. It is approx. 2 3/4" tall. The Box Elder Potpourri Bowl is also finished with 2 coats of Tung Oil, and it is 2" tall, and approx. 4 1/2" in diameter. (The Potpourri Bowl has a Pewter Lid.) The Bowl is also Box Elder, and it also was finished with Tung Oil, and it is 3" tall, and 9 1/2" in diameter. As for the Bowl, Mom wanted something "Simple, and Sleek", and I think I accomplished that? (I'm a little tired of looking at Box Elder, but that is what she wanted.....she likes the different coloration in the wood.) At least it looks simple and sleek to me? Believe it or not, I am now going to do some flat work for a change...............I kinda miss it! Thanks for taking a look, it is my pleasure to be able to share my work.......as always.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Very Nice, I really love the box elder with the red in it.

Your mom is very lucky...that small box elder piece is really interesting looking with the red and grey.
    --

The most expensive tool is the one you buy "cheaply" and often...

Thumbs up

Nice turnings Kevin. Mom should be happy with those. I like that Box Elder too, even if you are getting tired of it. Glad to hear you are doing some flat work. I was beginning to think you had forgotten what it was!

Bob

That's beautiful wood Kevin. Tired of it-do you have elder woods around you or something?

I'm pretty new here.(I lurked for a while) But I am glad you can share your stuff too. Really nice work. It inspires me to get downstairs and work with some wood every time I see the great stuff you and other people post. Thanks for taking the time to share it.
    John

Quote Originally Posted by Kevin Gersty
    I had a request for a few small, unique gifts from my Mom, and ya gotta keep Mom happy! I turned these the past few days, and I wanted to share them with you. The Confetti Lamp is Cherry, with 2 coats of Tung Oil. It is approx. 2 3/4" tall. The Box Elder Potpourri Bowl is also finished with 2 coats of Tung Oil, and it is 2" tall, and approx. 4 1/2" in diameter. (The Potpourri Bowl has a Pewter Lid.) The Bowl is also Box Elder, and it also was finished with Tung Oil, and it is 3" tall, and 9 1/2" in diameter. As for the Bowl, Mom wanted something "Simple, and Sleek", and I think I accomplished that? (I'm a little tired of looking at Box Elder, but that is what she wanted.....she likes the different coloration in the wood.) At least it looks simple and sleek to me? Believe it or not, I am now going to do some flat work for a change...............I kinda miss it! Thanks for taking a look, it is my pleasure to be able to share my work.......as always.
    I'm with your Mom, Kevin, I also love box elder. Mighty fine work, too. Matter of fact, when you get real tired of it, just give me what you got left

Wolf

Looks really nice. I like the reds int he wood.
    Scott C. in KC
    Befco Designs

Knuckle dragger just showin' off the way I figure.

Really now, beautiful work Kev, at this point anything I can say is just superfluousness.

Who would have thought an old Texas biker knew words like that. rofl

Great work Kevin. Love that Box Elder wood.
    Sparky Paessler

Box elder and a talented man, unique combination makes lovely presents for friends and families. Keven you have created something special, thanks for sharring it with us.
    Glenn Hodges
    Nashville, Georgia

"Would you believe the only time I ever make mistakes is when someone is watching?"

Kevin,
    Beautiful work! It is a great feeling to make something wonderful for your Mom. I can see the special care you put into theese fine pieces. I know your Mom will love them.
    Be well.
    "All great work starts with love .... then it is no longer work"

Kevin,

I must say, I'm not a huge box elder guy, but that potpourri bowl is fantastic! When you consider the mixed coloration of potpourri, it seems like a perfect choice. Great job on everything, of course, but that p.b. is just perfect. Thanks for sharing. Jason