Quote Originally Posted by Nancy Laird
Very pretty, David. They look a lot like the cabinets that my David built in my kitchen--white melamine with wood face frames. What are your doors going to look like?

By the way, why pocket holes instead of #0 biscuits? With the biscuits, you don't have to plug holes. We also biscuit the faceframes onto the cabinets. No failures yet, after 4 years.

Also, just out of curiosity---why fixed shelves? The adjustable ones are so versatile. Mine are also of the while melamine with a strip of oak across the front--no edge-banding necessary.
The doors are going to be a fingernail profile rail and stile. The panels will be 1/2" MDF raised with a 15 degree strait panel bit.

I used pocket holes rather than biscuits because no clamping is required. This kitchen is a tune up to replace the gross and falling apart one I have now. I hope to sell this house within a year and move on.

I am using fixed shelves because it is easier and stronger. Some of the spans are large and are sagging in my current cabinets with adjustable shelves.

Take care,

David.