Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Sears Craftman Miter Saw Accident

Quote Originally Posted by R. Pickard
    In June 2006 I purchased a new Sears Miter Saw (model 315.212.340) after finding the display likewise cracked.
    Robert, I also question this statement. Unless it was purchased specifically for use in a lawsuit, why in the world did you buy another one especially after finding the display likewise cracked. ??
    Tony

R or Richard- Sorry to hear about your accident. I am a full time carpenter and I cannot imagine that happening.

I am curious though, how did the blade cut you if you were adjusting the saw deck (or was it the bevel angle)? Was your other hand holding the trigger (saw running) while adjusting or was the saw coasting down or did it start on its own?

I know that over the years I have probably adjusted the saw slightly while it was running or coasting down. Make a lot of cuts quickly and you can easily forget to wait for the saw to stop-especially if you are late for Friday (or any other day) canwiches.

Good luck. Ben

Oh and welcome. Do not mind Ken, he is frank and you will come to appreciate his decisiveness over time. Keep hitting hard Ken, I love it!
    Strive for perfection...Settle for completion

3. Thanks to the Mods for deleting the foul post that was here between Ben Grunow and this post.

Thanks guys!

(I know the rest of this thread is now going to not make much sense, but the post that was here was just wrong, no matter how you come down on the moderation on SMC, we can disagree and we can discuss, even argue, but we need to be civil).

Cheers!
    Last edited by Stu Ablett in Tokyo Japan; 10-14-2006 at 9:20 AM.

Robert, not to jab sticks in your cage here... and I'm sorry about your accident, but just how does a breaking handle cause your hand to move towards the blade? It looks like the break would cause the handle to drop away from the blade, not towards it.

Did the movement of the breaking part cause your hand to slip off of the handle? Were you pulling up on it or pushing it to one side.

Another example of the need for close inspection of our tools on a regular basis. See my next post.

Mitch
    "I love the smell of sawdust in the morning".
    Robert Duval in "Apileachips Now". - almost.

Laserpro Spirit 60W laser, Corel X3
    Missionfurnishings, Mitchell Andrus Studios, NC

Crying shame we can't all be adults here.

Mods have a job to do, when they don't do their job forums become flame fests, I agree with Stu, delete it and if it persists, kick em off.

Al

Quote Originally Posted by Al Willits
    Crying shame we can't all be adults here.

Mods have a job to do, when they don't do their job forums become flame fests, I agree with Stu, delete it and if it persists, kick em off.

Al
    Al, how do you kick them off? That is someone venting because they are frustrated with the over moderating, and I don't think they are using their real name.
    I didn't think guest were allowed to post?

Richard

7. Quote Originally Posted by Richard Wolf
    Al, how do you kick them off? That is someone venting because they are frustrated with the over moderating, and I don't think they are using their real name.
    I didn't think guest were allowed to post?

Richard
    There were a Member a few hours ago, I would guess that they got banned, but the Mods are letting the post stand.

Dunno why........?

This kind of behaviour is why we are losing/missing members. On one hand we have individuals that abuse the rules of good conduct and on the other side we have individuals that over compensate and edit based on personal issues rather than intelligence. In case others have not noticed, we are missing some valuable members/contributors! They are some of the reasons why the Creek is what it is and therefore I see a MAJOR issue that needs to be resolved. I hope Keith has the time to "fix the issue or issues" before the forum suffers irreparable damage. Just my opinion.

Quote Originally Posted by Stu Ablett in Tokyo Japan
    There were a Member a few hours ago, I would guess that they got banned, but the Mods are letting the post stand.

Dunno why........?
    Why?? I don't understand that.

Richard

Quote Originally Posted by Joe Blankshain
    This kind of behaviour is why we are losing/missing members. On one hand we have individuals that abuse the rules of good conduct and on the other side we have individuals that over compensate and edit based on personal issues rather than intelligence. In case others have not noticed, we are missing some valuable members/contributors! They are some of the reasons why the Creek is what it is and therefore I see a MAJOR issue that needs to be resolved. I hope Keith has the time to "fix the issue or issues" before the forum suffers irreparable damage. Just my opinion.
    Joe, so is this why we haven't seen Marty or tod?????
    Maybe I missed something, but I wouldn't be surprized. Sometimes I just don't catch things that are in front of my face!

Richard

Seems when I joined in April it was a bit more civil than now, and I think overcompensating Mods is usually the result of over zealous members.

Seems pretty basic, but I'm sure I'm missing something here.....

Richard, I was assuming the mods might be able to bad by IP maybe?

Not fond of banning, but I sure didn't join to read flaming posts.

Like the Mods have said, play by the rules, doesn't seem that difficult to me.

Maybe I need another cup of coffee....

Al

We all know about the rules that members have to follow, but do the moderators have any rules? I don't think Ken's moderation wasn't very moderate.
    My .02
    Last edited by John Miliunas; 10-14-2006 at 11:28 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Hugh Jaskok
    We all know about the rules that members have to follow, but do the moderators have any rules? I don't think Ken's moderation wasn't very moderate.
    My .02
    Hugh, et all...OK guys/gals. Enough already with the stabs, jabs, vulgarity, inappropriate comments, etc... It's done, it's over and let's move on! It's of zero value to keep hashing it out. The "R" has been corrected to "Robert", he is still missing a finger and the "alert" for us to check our own tools is still out there! How about we get back on track with the subject at hand? Thanks guys!
    Cheers,
    John K. Miliunas

Cannot find REALITY.SYS. Universe halted.
    60 grit is a turning tool, ain't it?
    SMC is totally supported by volunteers and your generosity! Please help if you can!
    Looking for something for nothing? Check here!

Now that we're back, Thanks for the heads-up Robert and sorry about the finger. No better rule than to ensure a machine is stopped before adjustment. Glad to hear your still working in wood.
    When in doubt, ask a Creeker.

Thanks for the heads up. I checked mine earlier, it appears there are some stress cracks on the bottom of the base, looks to be from over tightening of some screws.

As a side note, I still don't see how this happened, unless the saw was operating while trying to make adjustments.