Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: "Weekend Doin's"

"Weekend Doin's"

Friday October 13th, 2006

Hey, Sorry this is late today, but I just got out of bed. Didn't want to take any chances, just in case.

Cold and windy here right now. Had some snow coming down yesterday and Wednesday but nothing stuck. Glad we're not getting hammered like Buffalo.

Be that as it may, this weekend is all about my MOM. It's her B-Day Sunday. She turns 84. Gonna take her to dinner and do whatever she wants.

So what's up with you? Let us know so we can keep track of you. You might get points for getting done what you said you would.

Hope everyone has a good one.

Karl
    Creeker Visits. They're the best.

Sunny and mid 70's..........but.....

Boise will be sunny and mid-70's. It would be a GREAT weekend to open up the doors in the shop and do marvelous things - except - we discovered our pool (16 x x32 in-ground) has a leak and I must get in (brrrrr), find it, and seal it before we can close up for the winter. What a pain. More than once I've considered filling it in.
    I have been black and blue in some spot, somewhere, almost all my life from too intimate contacts with my own furniture. - Frank Lloyd Wright

I have been black and blue and bloody in some spot, somewhere, almost all my life from too intimate contacts while building my own furniture. - Rennie Heuer

Gonna try to move the dang leaves back where they belong one more time - presuming the wind doesn't change again.

I'm gonna need a lotta glue
    Only the Blue Roads

Happy Birthday to your mom Karl.
    You must be getting the cold weather we just had, don't worry...it's warmed up to 40 here now, so warmth is on the way...

Just ordered the EZ Smart system and Timberwolf band saw blades, so I'll be waiting for them.

Wife has decided my first project for the kitchen is gonna be a dining room sideboard, so I'll be off to the lumberyard Sat and between cleaning the garage and making a sideboard I'll be a busy camper....er...wood worker.
    Also got a nice set of plans for a golf bag and accessories holder and may start that to as a warm up...

Anybody have any plans for a nice basic sideboard??

Al ... who thought a kitchen project was suppose to be in the kitchen....

Howdy Karl,

I'm on vacation this week and have been spending a lot of time cutting and stacking firewood for the winter months. I've also been working on the last of the rustic cabinets for the youth ranch. I'm hoping to have the last 3 cabinets finished up this weekend so I can get back on the computer desk next week.

Have a great weekend everyone.
    Thanks & Happy Wood Chips,
    Dennis -
    Get the Benefits of Being an SMC Contributor..!
    ....DEBT is nothing more than yesterday's spending taken from tomorrow's income.

Happy birthday Karl's mom!!

Two projects this weekend:

Install track lighting in the kitchen to replace a single fixture

Sand and glue up a table to put my fax machine/copier on in the home office. (Pics when it's done--if it is any good.)
    Cheers,
    Bob

I measure three times and still mess it up.

Happy 84th Karl's Mom!

I'll be working on a side table and hopefully finish sanding on a crib.
    I hope I won't need to come to work this weekend (yuck)...depends on how much more I get done before I leave tonight.

I'm going after parts after work today to build a stand for the down tube on the DC system. Need to build some stanchions for the down tube against the wall to secure it in place. I have all the parts cut to length. Have to take everything back apart and redo connections with sealer as I put them back together. 2 electrical outlets to do, one is for a light, one is for a switched outlet to mount a fan to help cool the cyclone motor if it needs it once ai geet power on and running. Also need to verify I have the motor wired properly.
    We are supposed to have a wet weekend. I hope it's true...we are still so dry here. Enjoy your weekend time with family and wood! Jim.
    Coolmeadow Setters...Exclusively Irish! When Irish Eyes are smiling....They're usually up to something!!
    Home of Irish Setter Rescue of North Texas.
    No, I'm not an electrician. Any information I share is purely what I would do myself. If in doubt, hire an electrician!
    Member of the G0691 fan club!
    At a minimum, I'm Pentatoxic...Most likely I'm a Pentaholic. There seems to be no known cure. Pentatonix, winners of The Sing Off, s3.

If the past couple days are any indication of the near future, I suspect I'll be watching folks get moderated over small points in the TOS.

Woodworking wise I'm going to be laminating up hard maple for a workbench.
    --
    Life is about what your doing today, not what you did yesterday! Seize the day before it sneaks up and seizes you!

Alan - http://www.traditionaltoolworks.com:8080/roller/aland/

Grand Marais, MN. A transplant from Minneapolis
    Quiet Weekend No Place to go no plans. A little more packing and a little more painting.
    Septic on the new house passed inspection.
    Might mess with that spinny thing a little more.
    HBD Momma Laustrup. You gotta Good boy there!!
    Last edited by Tyler Howell; 10-13-2006 at 7:21 PM.
    TJH
    Live Like You Mean It.

http://www.northhouse.org/

Quote Originally Posted by Alan DuBoff
    If the past couple days are any indication of the near future, I suspect I'll be watching folks get moderated over small points in the TOS.

Had wisdom teeth removed at my advanced age this morning. Doubt I will do anything in my shop.

Lumber Run tomorrow, What could be better. Having fellow woodworker over for a visit. And getting nice Hardwood lumber delivered. Sunday buffing out the kitchen table and finish up the rest of the cabinets.

OUCH Jeff! Take it easy. I had a wisdom tooth pulled out about 6 months ago, the dentist talked me into it as he said it was impacting the tooth in front of it. I was miserable, didn't do any woodworking, didn't even feel like getting out of bed the next day.

I gained a high appreciation for my son (5 teeth pulled, 2 adult teeth) and my daughter (6 teeth pulled, 2 adult teeth) when they got braces. My daughter hasn't gotten them yet, she's waiting for a couple more adult teeth to grow in. My son is almost finished with them.

Rest up so you can get back to your awesome house!
    --
    Life is about what your doing today, not what you did yesterday! Seize the day before it sneaks up and seizes you!

Alan - http://www.traditionaltoolworks.com:8080/roller/aland/

Blog Entries
    Winterized the camper today after work and backed it into its parking spot alongside of the garage. There are still some things left to do, camper-wise, before its laid to rest for the Winter. That will be Saturday along with me getting into yard clean-up mode. Cutting the lawn, cleaning leaves out of the gutters, blowing leaves all over the yard with my backpack Stihl blower. The place always looks a bit of a mess after our ten day vacation. This weekend will go a long way in getting it back into some sort of decent looking shape. The wife will be babysitting her neice and nephews and staying overnight so I will have the entire house to myself to relax after the days work. Hope to get started on a small pirates chest sort of deal shortly in the woodshop.
    There's one in every crowd......and it's usually me!

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Dennis Peacock
    ...........have been spending a lot of time cutting and stacking firewood for the winter months.
    Oh gee Dennis, thanks for reminding me that that task is at hand also.
    There's one in every crowd......and it's usually me!