Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: Is Woodworking "Not for everyone?"

I thought it was just me. You guys sure are inspiring, and you even make mistakes.

Larry

Quote Originally Posted by Doug Jones
    Simply put,,, no its not.
    I'd like to modify Doug's succinct response a little...no, it's not all the time. Hobbies and the like are not always something that one can pursue "all the time". There are always distractions in all of our lives and sometimes we discover things that capture our attention more "for the moment" or longer.

Honestly, as much as I love woodworking, there are many times (lately) when moving rocks around with the tractor is better, more effective and necessary therapy for me. That's ok. My shop is always there when I need it and I do know woodworking will always be part of my life.

What I will NOT do is make the mistake I did with my music many years ago and go completely dormant for a long period of time nor divest of any "stuff". I recently got out my primary keyboard and have enjoyed revisting the sounds and touch it provides. That was missing too long. I know I'd feel the same way about my tools and wood.
    --

The most expensive tool is the one you buy "cheaply" and often...

Quote Originally Posted by Jim Becker
    I recently got out my primary keyboard and have enjoyed revisting the sounds and touch it provides.
    Jim,

Judging by the number of posts you've made, I would think your primary keyboard is the one that you've got your hands on right now! :-)

Keith

Quote Originally Posted by Keith Weber
    Judging by the number of posts you've made, I would think your primary keyboard is the one that you've got your hands on right now!
    'Several to choose from here in the "cockpit"...err...office...as well as on the road. And I type fast.

But seriously, I do try to make my comments useful, not just frequent. While my time in the shop is limited right now, at least I can still talk about woodworking, encourage folks to do the same and learn A LOT from others in this virtual community no matter where in the world I happen to be.
    --

Hey Jim,

If I came across as making a remark about you talking too much, it was totally by accident. I've enjoyed reading your many posts. I just thought it was funny that you called something else a primary keyboard. It was almost like a pun.

You mentioned the many computers in your "cockpit". Was that a literal or figurative comment? I've got a few in my office too, but I can't post on SMC with them!

Keith
    Attached Images Attached Images

I'm envious, Keith. Nice cockpit! (There are a few SMC'ers who spend time in similar places as you posted) Unfortunately, I get to ride on the other side of the locked door...but hopefully closer rather than farther away from it..."status" is good to have.
    --

Keith,

That would look excellent with some wood on the dash!

Is that one of the new Porsches, or does that one fly high?
    --
    Life is about what your doing today, not what you did yesterday! Seize the day before it sneaks up and seizes you!

Alan - http://www.traditionaltoolworks.com:8080/roller/aland/