Goodness, jump on the guy for doing a little research...I applaud Bill for doing his in house study. It appears to me that he is looking for information. Maybe the recent threads on filters and such prompted it, maybe it was in the works for a while. It also looks like he is talking about things he has found so far, but hasn't made any conclusions yet. He may still need more data, he may just not have had time to crunch the numbers yet. I mean he did say he he drove 1100 miles in 3 days, plus the time setting up at each location, all this on a man who's health isn't perfect to begin with. With lunch (and cookies!) that would have to be about 11 or 12 hours each day> So be thankful he is doing it. Is it a scientific controlled study? No. (Though it sounds like it has some controls. ie: 18 cuts on a three foot long piece of MDF) Is it information that may be useful to us, and to those that recommend the type of equipment and filters that are best? Time will tell. I hope it has some very useful conclusions for all of us.

Until Bill finishes his work, I wait in anticipation of his conclusions. I hope he will publish his findings on his web site, and include the sizes of each of the shops, what kind of saw, what kind of blade, and what type of hood the tool used, along with any modifications made to it. AND THEN, what he would recomend for each of the owners to do about their systems. Jim.