Thread: New Workshop Layout - Done!

New Workshop Layout - Done!

About a week ago I posted here that I was going to completely change the layout of my workshop. Well, this weekend, we did it! It was a mammoth task! With the help of my darling wife, we emptied the garage, cleaned it, took down some of the shelving and then put it all back according to the new plan. I found all sorts of things that I'd lost!!

Here are some pictures:

Here's all the stuff outside - several people thought I was having a garage sale!

More pictures in next post......

second bit...

Everything back in again:

There's SOOOOOO much more room to move around. The machines are much more ergonomically placed (for work flow) also. I love my "new" workshop!! There's still lots to do to make it more usable, but at least the basic layout is done and I take my time building a proper router table, stands for my planer and miter saw, tool holders over the bench etc.

Where's all my wood gone (you ask)? It's in the foyer of our house (LOML is VERY understanding!!). I still have to sort out one of my small sheds in the side yard to make it into a wood store and also convert some of the shelving in the garage to wood storage.

I'm off to have a jolly good soak in the whirly-bath - I ache all over....that has to be the most sustained exercise I have done for years!

Cheers,
    ave F.
    Last edited by Dave Fifield; 10-23-2006 at 4:42 AM.

If you have the time or inclination, the full size pictures are in the same folder (e.g. http://www.daveswoodenwonders.com/shop/PA221093_s.jpg) as the small ones above, only they don't have the _s.jpg ending, they are simply .JPG (caps) (e.g. http://www.daveswoodenwonders.com/shop/PA221093.JPG).

ave F.
    Last edited by Dave Fifield; 10-23-2006 at 4:38 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Dave Fifield
    About a week ago I posted here that I was going to completely change the layout of my workshop. Well, this weekend, we did it! It was a mammoth task! With the help of my darling wife, we emptied the garage, cleaned it, took down some of the shelving and then put it all back according to the new plan.
    Here's all the stuff outside - several people thought I was having a garage sale!
    Dave, The new layout looks a lot better, from what I can tell, though still pretty crowded.

But I have to say... I think you need to have a garage sale!! That is a whole ton of stuff on those shelves! I would have been inclined to rip down an entire wall of the shelves.

I don't think you've mentioned - is there no storage room in the basement?

great job, and thanks for the photos.

hi Dave, That's what I call a weekend accomplishment. I have to agree with Art, you still have a lot of stuff in there.
    take care,
    John

Grand Marais, MN. A transplant from Minneapolis
    Bigger Dave!
    Just tell here you want the living room too .
    She'll understand.
    Thanks for sharing.
    TJH
    Live Like You Mean It.

http://www.northhouse.org/

Looks great Dave!

I see lot's of room for new tools there. Just in time for The Woodworking Show coming up next weekend.

I'm sitting here wondering what you offered your wife to get her to help you. Mine would've closed and locked the garage doors once all the tools were out in the driveway....

I'm glad you can find your way around that garage. I sure couldn't.

Jack