Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Chris goes to Japan and I am gloating at home!

Quote Originally Posted by Mark Singer
    So I called Stan a little while ago and I insisted I pay for the stuff....no dice! He is the most stubborn friend in the world! He said I did him many favors and he could never repay me....the truth is Stan has done so much for me and other family members we will never get even with him! I am truly hurt because I feel I should pay for the wonderful tools....dilema

I played around this morning a bit and found even the everyday saws are better than anything I have. A quick internet search showed each saw to be in the $200 to $300 range! based on Tools for Woodworking who caries them....another site said "they are the world's finest saws" The chisels look very much like the Hida Tool set made by Chutaro Imai....again very expensive!
    I told Stan when I cut myself and I am in the emergeny room from using one of these saws, I will be thinking about him...it still didn't help...he won't let me pay for the tools
    Mark, I think the solution to your problem is obvious... repay Stan by making something special for him with the tools that he gave you. Really beautiful stuff, by the way!!!

Dan

Quote Originally Posted by Dan Larson
    Mark, I think the solution to your problem is obvious... repay Stan by making something special for him with the tools that he gave you.
    ...took the words right out of my mouth...
    --

The most expensive tool is the one you buy "cheaply" and often...

Beautiful tools Mark! I'll be you won't have any trouble getting the lids off of paint cans with those chisels! I'll look forward to seeing some of the work you do with them.

Bill

Hey Mark,

Lucky dog! Nice chisel set, it's the same as the one I've been using for the last 15 years or so. Nice saws and hammers too, Enjoy!

Dave

Mark, you are one lucky dude! I don't mean just the expensive stuff. There are many ultra-rich in the world for whom these tools would constitute chump-change. I mean the effort and thought he put into finding these tools for you and bringing them home.

Now go build him something nice!

Hans