Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Creekers Weekend Accomplishments.....

Creekers Weekend Accomplishments.....

Howdy,

A bit late today, had network and login issues. It's Thanksgiving week and time for family visiting.

I finished up the cutting boards and Confetti lamps that we're giving as Christmas gifts this year to family and friends. I also got 3 bowls turned to add as additional gifts where needed. I'm trying to get all the Christmas gifts done so I can at least enjoy the last half of December.

It's visiting family and friends this week...so I would like to say:
    HAPPY THANKSGIVING to each and every one of you.
    May you all have a blessed and safe holiday with your family and friends.

So what did YOU do this weekend?

Best of weeks to you all.!!!!
    Thanks & Happy Wood Chips,
    Dennis -
    Get the Benefits of Being an SMC Contributor..!
    ....DEBT is nothing more than yesterday's spending taken from tomorrow's income.

Saturday morning we put up Christmas lights and then in the afternoon I installed some mudflaps on my truck and took care of some things around the house. Sunday morning didn't go as planned as the washer overflowed for some reason and ran down a heating duct into the furnace. Luckily about the only damage was a wet filter which needed to be replaced anyway, but still a big mess. Then we went to do some Christmas shopping and had dinner at my parents.

I haven't responded the last few weeks, but I've been working on finishing the other half of the basement over the last few weekends. Framing and waste plumbing are done. This weekend I installed a subpanel and have so far pulled all the power from my shop to be moved to the subpanel. It's pretty tedious unraveling all the wiring I put in a couple years ago. Sure wish I'd done a subpanel in the first place. It would've made it a lot easier then and now. I wasn't expecting to put a bathroom in back then so I didn't count on a couple more circuits (including the sewage sump). The panel would've been full without leaving any openings to eventually run some circuits to the garage. The builder put one 15 amp outlet in there .. .sheesh.
    Jay St. Peter

Blog Entries
    Fially settled on a router table cabinet plan after much debate. Got started cutting the BB ply panels. Had a wonderful lunch date with the LOML and did some yard work.
    "A hen is only an egg's way of making another egg".

– Samuel Butler

I made the irritating discovery that I had to re-cut some of the rails and stiles for the cabinet door panels, but did manage to get the first panel glued up (actually once of the base cabinet end panels).

Was confused by the notation "U4-DR-S" on the end of a board that was actually a base end panel rail (i.e. B1-EP-R). Then realized it wasn't my handwriting. This is the wood Larry Fox sent me that he was going to use in his kitchen project; apparently he came up with the exact same notation I did. (I've actually been bundling identical pieces with masking tape and writing the notation on the tape.)

Took a one day class on scrapers and finishing from David Marks at Woodcraft in San Antonio. I did learn a lot and had a good time.

Did some yard clean up including cutting grape vines off any arbor next to the house that were growing onto the roof. Took several loads of yard clippings back to the burn pile. Put the final coats of finish on a bed for my son (posted elsewhere). Watched Ohio State beat Michigan. Quite a family feud since my daughter went to UM and my son to OSU.

Spent some time putting heating ducts.....fell off a ladder (twice) ouch. Ran some electrical wire....raked some leaves....moved some furniture. Happy Thanksgiving everyone!
    ~john
    "There's nothing wrong with Quiet" ` Jeremiah Johnson

My shop time is chronicled in my shop rehab pages. Just wanted to take the opportunity to wish everyone a happy Turkey Day!! Have a great week. Jim
    Coolmeadow Setters...Exclusively Irish! When Irish Eyes are smiling....They're usually up to something!!
    Home of Irish Setter Rescue of North Texas.
    No, I'm not an electrician. Any information I share is purely what I would do myself. If in doubt, hire an electrician!
    Member of the G0691 fan club!
    At a minimum, I'm Pentatoxic...Most likely I'm a Pentaholic. There seems to be no known cure. Pentatonix, winners of The Sing Off, s3.

Saturday I turned a bunch of bottle stoppers for Sharon's Christmas gift list. Sunday watched a little football and assisted Sharon in becoming Officially Abbyserated. She turned her first 2 pens...one bocote and one is Holyland olivewood....the olive wood is her Mother's Christmas gift. She did very well!
    Ken

So much to learn, so little time.....

Finally got some Workshop time in!!

Finally got around to upgrading my Cyclone Blower/Motor. It really sucks!

http://s145.photobucket.com/albums/r...slideshow=true
    If at 1st you don't succeed, go back to the lumberyard and get some more wood.

David Marks in Austin

Went to the Bentwood Lamination Class @ woodcraft and met my hero David Marks. He was very good learned alot.

Ben
    Still trying not to Take Life so Seriously !!

Put up new ceiling fan in the nursery. It is a combination of a plain white closemount fan and the blades of the kid colored one my wife liked. Colored one did not come in closemount and 8' ceilings did not work with teh 5" down drop very well. Bought teh closemount Saturday and combined them. Works great - both fans had same diameter blades.

Also changed out the power outlets and installed one new outlet box and one new switch.

The closet in the nursery got cleaned out and cleaned up. I am preparing to repair a hole in the plaster with some drywall.

Got to work on the Deere for awhile as well this weekend. Took the 72" mid mount mower off the 3320 and stored it under the boat out of the way. Also got over to Deere to pickup some filters and oil for an oil change.
    Glad its my shop I am responsible for - I only have to make me happy.

Built a photo tent and took shots of previous weekends' turnings. Kind of a lazy weekend, but I needed it.

Alright I confess , I sluffed off this weekend .. Nothing got done that I wanted to do .. I was out in all the nastee weather we had Wednesday from before daylight till after dark .. Then back out in the cold all day Thursday .. In bed from Thursday evening till this morning ..
    Dennis , maybe we can catch up , you're probably here by now ..