Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Source for Screw Bumpers (rubber feet)??

Just my personal experience, but folks like to use both sides of a board, putting feet on one side removes that option.
    Ken

Hi Joe...thanks for your input...this is definitely something to consider. The Polylastomers are "suppose" to be non-marring. Just another good reason to consider this material. I still do not know if it is non-skid though.

I can see where the black rubber feet could leave marks.

Ken...I have considered not using feet. If I only knew how the recipient would store the board, I could make a better decision to use the feet, or not. If it is to be kept out on a counter, I think the feet will be beneficial, particularly for drying. It will provide a nice shadow line too. If the board is going to be stored in a cabinet (most likely?) then feet might be a hinderance.

Maybe once the boards are gifted I can give the option to add the feet. Seems like a bit more of a hassle though.

Matt

I've been to both of the borgs, 2 Ace hardwares (one made me wish I had a carry permit!) and I haven't found anything remotely resembling recessed or rubber bumpers. Can someone post a link for an online store that has feet that work for cutting boards? I've been searching via Google for a week now and there are way too many options for me to decide. I've finished two of the Wood Magazine style and one's a gift for this Wednesday and the other this weekend.
    Please, please, please.......

Thanks in advance.

Matt.......One other suggestion if I may.....My wife bought a Corian cutting board at a Borg some 110 miles away. It slid all over our counter top when you were tried to use it. I went to a local Ace hardware store and purchased some clear (probably silicone) stickon bumpers. These things are soft....they don't slide ....they come with an adhesive already on them. I've not had to replace them in years and that board gets washed regularly.
    Ken

So much to learn, so little time.....

Dave, I recently made a couple of cutting boards and I got the feet at HD. The brand was Shepherd Hardware Product LLC and the model is #9644. On my receipt there's a number, 039003096444, that I take to be HD's in house number. I really wanted 3/4" dia. feet but the smallest they had were these 1" dia. one. They did however work out all right. Oh yeah, they're about 1/4" high. HTH

Dave,

Thank you very much.