Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Finally I got a little more shop time for the pulpit project.....Updated pics..

Looking grand! Thanks for posting the 'before' pic - yours will indeed be a fine upgrade. I'm looking forward to seeing how it looks with the finish. Keep up the good work!

Terry, that looks really really good. When I go to church, I spend far too much time admiring the woodwork instead of paying attention to what's going on. That pulpit would keep my attention for a long time.

My only problem would be that if you provide space for a water glass, some preachers might not come down for hours.
    Please consider becoming a contributing member of Sawmill Creek.
    The cost is minimal and the benefits are real. Donate

I wish pics could show what this thing looks like in "real life". I got to see a bunch of early cuts laid out together. It is awesome!

Thanks for giving the weight, Terry. That should keep me from having to build one. Ours is very ugly, IMNSHO, acrylic. But it can be lifted with one finger and gets moved a LOT. Of course, the feets ball players at our church might enjoy the "lift".

Our pastor doesn't have to be kept "watered". If his voice starts failing in an hour and a half, he will ASK for a glass of water.

David

Quote Originally Posted by John Schreiber
    My only problem would be that if you provide space for a water glass, some preachers might not come down for hours.
    We have that problem already. We just go up there and kick him in the shin about 12:30 if all else fails.

Seriously, We have a REALLY BIG clock pointed right at him at the front of the sancuary so he can see what time it is. Sometimes that helps...sometimes not...and sometimes some of us needed the extra preaching.

t
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Quote Originally Posted by David Rose
    I wish pics could show what this thing looks like in "real life". I got to see a bunch of early cuts laid out together. It is awesome!

Thanks for giving the weight, Terry. That should keep me from having to build one. Ours is very ugly, IMNSHO, acrylic. But it can be lifted with one finger and gets moved a LOT. Of course, the feets ball players at our church might enjoy the "lift".

Our pastor doesn't have to be kept "watered". If his voice starts failing in an hour and a half, he will ASK for a glass of water.

David
    Thanks David!!

Hopefully this one will only have to be moved a few times a year. I'm sure I'll be around to help.

t
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Quote Originally Posted by John Schreiber
    Nahhh, drinking water is in itself a sort of "clock". Unless your pastor is wearing "depends", they're going to need to stop soon...
    "It's Not About You."

Quote Originally Posted by Art Mulder
    Nahhh, drinking water is in itself a sort of "clock". Unless your pastor is wearing "depends", they're going to need to stop soon...

LOL...zakly.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]