Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: 34 Degrees CENTEGRADE

34 Degrees CENTEGRADE

No frost here tonight, having a mild winter.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Not as warm as you!

Hi there,

We finally have our cold weather here in Wisconsin. It will be -3 tomorrow with the windchill they are predicting -26

Have a great weekend everyone!

Phyllis

In the foothills of the NM Sandia Mountains
    Go ahead and rub it in....

You get that big bowl turner delivered yet?
    Please help support the Creek.

"The older I get, the better I used to be."
    Lee Trevino

Just can't stand that hot weather. As I recall 34 C. is getting pretty close to 100 F. You can keep it. They're predicting below 0 F. tonight with windchills in the -20's F.

Sauna.JPG

Home Sweet Home

John
    John Bailey
    Sawmill Creek is a member supported forum. Click here to donate.

Quote Originally Posted by John Bailey
    Just can't stand that hot weather. As I recall 34 C. is getting pretty close to 100 F. You can keep it. They're predicting below 0 F. tonight with windchills in the -20's F.

Home Sweet Home

John

John, I'm with you! I can't take the hot weather at all. We're going to be close to 0 F tomorrow night, with 40-50 MPH winds. We'll be all snuggled up around the fireplace, or I'll be in my shop working. I love winter, and I love it cold!
    "Be true to your work, your word, and your friend." -Henry David Thoreau

brrr! Some chilly temps there. It doesn't even get that cold in the ski fields in Australia during the winter.

Here in Melbourne, Australia today it will get to about 95F and then the next 2 days will probably hit 104F! With the relative humidity getting down to about 12-14%, you should see what it does to wood that was dead flat a few days before .

Jim, we are only going to make it to 25-28C this coming week but I guess I'll just have to cope. Sounds like Melbourne is similar to Phoenix Tim, though our humidity is usually lower than that in summer. We're having a mild winter as well with our next week or so up into the mid 70s(F). The main difference I've noticed here from places up north (like Illinois where I grew up) is that we generally have between 20 and 30 degree difference between morning and afternoon where elsewhere, it is more like 10 to 15. It really makes riding a motorcycle here an exercise in layering where I'm bundled up on the way to work and carrying it all home in my backpack on the way home. Somehow I manage to persevere though and ride year-round.

7F here this morning. At least I don't have to cut the grass year round.
    Making new friends on SMC each and every day

It is around 5* here in Mid Michigan this morning. I too like the cold as long as I can dress for it.
    All of the folks that are rubbing it in when it is cold up here may be in for a "BIG" surprise in a few years if the global warming thing keeps getting worse. We will be wearing sweaters and mowing our lawns in the Winter while they may be riding camels through their sand dunes.
    David B

I'm with John. I don't know if I could handle Peru's climate. Don't they have a lot of creepy-crawly things? I don't mind the chaging of the seasons, It reminds me of what time of year it is . Summer into fall means one thing; HUNTING SEASON!!!
    Michael Gibbons

I think I like opening day of deer season more than any udder day of the year. It's like Christmas wit guns. - Remnar Soady

That bear is going to eat him alive. Go help him! That bear doesn't need any help! - The Three Stooges

We are experiencing a confirmed blizzard at this time. 40mph wind and lake effect snow. Temp is 10 deg. and wind chill is reportedly -30. I hope I don't get stuck at work
    Kyle in K'zoo
    Screws are kinda like knots, if you can't use the right one, use lots of 'em.
    The greatest tragedy in life is the gruesome murder of a beautiful theory by a brutal gang of facts.

I can really say that the things I miss about the States are Ice fishing, deer hunting and Big Macs. This heat was not made for European blood. I have a good idea and am actually going to make a portable ice fishing house in the next couple of months to be shipped to Wisconsin. The locals will never believe what it is used for.

Quote Originally Posted by Jim King
    I can really say that the things I miss about the States are Ice fishing, deer hunting and Big Macs. This heat was not made for European blood. I have a good idea and am actually going to make a portable ice fishing house in the next couple of months to be shipped to Wisconsin. The locals will never believe what it is used for.
    Hey Jim, here's a picture you can show them!!!
    Attached Images Attached Images
    "Be true to your work, your word, and your friend." -Henry David Thoreau

Ice fishing

I can hear the fish alarm going off and see a flag going up.

Quote Originally Posted by Jim King
    I can hear the fish alarm going off and see a flag going up.
    Jim,
    Up until a couple weeks ago the lakes in Michigan didn't have much ice on them. The ones that were frozen didn't have thick ice and were quite dangerous. The Winter sports and fishing in Michigan have started quite late this season. The last few days it has been in the neighborhood of zero degrees F through out most of Michigan. Let the Winter recreation begin.
    I am one of those that can't take the heat and humidity anymore so I think I will stay in Michigan until my old bones can't take the cold any longer.
    I don't think I would miss clearing my 300 foot gravel driveway.
    David B