Thread: Besseys from Amazon via USPS.

Besseys from Amazon via USPS.

Ordered 3 40 inchers.

1 clamp is pristine, 1 has a slight bow in the bar (it should straighten out with a little persuasion), and 1 has a small chip in the plastic on the base of the fixed clamp. The chip doesn't look like it will impede the clamping function so I'll just live with it.

So that's 3 clamps that made through USPS relatively unscathed.

-Mike

2. I just got mine that I ordered on that promotion. Each one came in a seperate cardboard wrap. Both were severely damaged, ends broken pretty bad. I am quite dissapointed in the packaging by Amazon. (I also received a Bosch router table from Amazon at the same time, they had put it in a flimsy box that was twice the size of the Bosch box, and themn taped it shut. Of course with nothing inside the top half of the box, it totally collapsed, and was completely torn open on the top and sides.) I guess I need to return it all to Amazon tomorrow, and see if the second time they can get it right...

I had placed 2 separate oorders for clamps. In the first order, each clamp (31" and 40") was packed in a separate 12x12x48" box, the second order (60" and 40" clamps) was much worse, each clamp was barely wrapped in flymsy cardboard. Each package was partially open, 2 clamps were severly damages (plastic broken shaft bend). But they did replace it right away- with the same flimsy packaging.
    Bernhard

About a week ago I ordered 4 -24" Jet Parallel clamps. They came in 4 different shipments. Three of the four had issues. One was severly damaged. Two others had chips and dings in them. Maybe I'm anal, but when I buy something new, I expect it to be in new condition. BTW, mine were shipped via UPS not USPS.
    Last edited by Karle Woodward; 02-15-2007 at 11:21 AM.

Blog Entries
    You would think with all the money they waste on poor packing materials and returns that Amazon could afford to hire someone withat least a 3rd grade education to wrap this stuff! Business "sense" never ceases to amaze me.
    "A hen is only an egg's way of making another egg".

– Samuel Butler

Mike, I am surprised the Post Office delivered items from amazon, I get everything from UPS...

Over the past month, I've ordered six K-bodies from Amazon. Two 12"s, two 24"s, and two 31"s. Each one was shipped separately.

The 12's and 24's were each in its own box - about 4 X 12 X 30, and the 31s were shipped in some sort of cardboard sleeve that kind of conformed to the shape of the clamp. All of them were shipped via UPS, (Amazon's 'free shipping') and all of them arrived - on four separate days - in perfect condition.

From the way they were shipped, I'm guessing that Amazon has them pre-packaged, and they just pull them off the shelf - already packaged - stick a label on them and send them off. So far, I've experienced no problems with their shipping methods. YMMV...

I guess I've been luckier that most of you it seems. I took advantage of their sale and ordered 4 - 60" clamps. They arrived two days later, each packed separately in a flimsy cardboard sleeve . But, fortunately they all arrived safely with no signs of damage .

I've not had any problems with Amazon, so far. I have a 12" Forrest Chopmaster blade on its way (I got it for only a little more than $70 after all the discounts - that's about $50 off the local price). We'll see if that gets here unscathed.
    -- Phil

Yesterday I received 4 sets of the Amazon special on K Body cabinet door clamp sets (16 K bodies + 16 rail blocks). Delivered UPS. 2 of the little black plastic feet were broken so I called Bessey customer service directly, explained that I've got 60 K Bodies in my shop, and really don't want to go through the Amazon route for replacement of these 2 inexpensive little parts. No problem, they sent them out same day no charge. Good customer service.

Same deal here. I called Bessey this morning and all I told the service rep was that I received some clamps with broken feet via Amazon shipping. She just asked asked for my address and how many.

I bought a set from them on sale. Arrived perfect. THe Jet set of clamps is even a better deal

USPS for UPS

Just a note on USPS and UPS. Last October they signed an agreement so that UPS, DHL and FedEx for their ground shipments can pick up as regular service and then instead of delivering to the party, they deliver to a USPS section center who takes over and delivers it to he final addressee. I shuddered when I first heard that but having received 6 or packages by this way, I have to say that is it working like clockwork. USPS has adopted the same tracking system so you use the UPS tracking number and same terms of delivery. To say that it is transparent is probably wrong but, so far, it has worked for me. And it does make sense, sort of.
    John Lucas
    woodshopdemos

Hello all.....Over the past 2 weeks while the k-clamps were on sale I've ordered 2 cabinet door sets, 4- 40" & 6- 60". All the clamps came with no damage or missing parts. I guess I was lucky seeing all the posts that had problems.

14. I think the fact that no one has had any problems since Bessey started using new packaging for the cabinet set, shows that it is Amazon that is packing poorly versus UPS/DHL/FEDEX/USPS causing the damage. The cabinet sets used to be a real problem and Bessey fixed the packaging this year. Their single clamps are packed by Amazon and have come in all sorts of different configurations. They don't have a "real" box that will ship a 40" plus so they make them up. I have ordered A LOT of Besseys from Amazon in the last 2 years. I have never had one damaged. Then again, I live about 15 miles from the distribution warehouse that ships all of mine! I have had shipments that I know could not make it cross country.

I ordered 4 40 in., shipped UPS, they all came is separate packages wrapped in gray plastic. One jaw was broke, went on line To Amazon, filled out the forms, had a new one in 2 business days delivered by DHL, I am using Amazon prime free trial. The biggest problem is I need to come up with a package to return the broken one. I have some cardboard I might be able to get wrapped around it. I am tempted to make a box out of a couple of boards and 1/4 in ply just to show hem how it is done and give them a taste of what it is like to get into some of their packaging.