Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Ridgid Miter Saw Utility Vehicle(MSUV) On Sale

Which brands of miter saws will it accept? I have a DeWalt.

My Dewalt is mounted on one...
    Glenn Clabo
    Michigan

I have one also, with a Dewalt on it. I have also had a Hitachi miter saw on it. The MSUV has mounting holes for the Ridgid miter saws. I think I had to drill a few more for my Dewalt. Not a big deal at all.

Kevin

Thumbs up

I have one... I bought it when it was on sale a couple years ago. I LOVE it.

I mounted a DeWalt saw on it. I simply had to drill a couple holes. I've taken it up stairs. The large wheels makes this an easy one-person task.

I never considered mounting anything other than a saw on it though. I wonder if I might be able to make my Williams and Hussey work on one of these.
    "He who dies with the most toys is none the less dead."

I bought two of them this morning and they are nice! I've got my P-C saw mounted on one and eventually I'm going to put my planer on the other. Very rugged and heavy. I could not believe how much they weighed when I lifted them into a cart. The end cap at HD had the special $99.99 price, another 50% off that if you also buy a Ridgid miter saw, but the register rang up $149.99. I had to get a manager to go look at the end cap before they would approve the lower price.

Mine goes up and down the Bilco door stairs all the time. No trouble at all.
    I could cry for the time I've wasted, but thats a waste of time and tears.

I bought one today for $99 and a Dewalt DP3750 pressure washer. I then pulled out a crisp 20% off coupon that I bought off of Ebay and saved $221. So I got the stand for $80. If I like it, I may go buy another tomorrow.

I checked out at the contractor station and the guy and I talked for like 10 minutes. He said I was making out good today and I had to agree. I paid $28 for five 20% off coupons and on my first coupon saved $220+. Four to go.. what to do.. what to buy.

So......

I found myself at the Home creepo this morn.

For Light bulbs, of course.

They had two left, msuv's not light bulbs.

One box was used,

at least that is what some one had wrote on a factory stapled carton.

Found the harried dept manager and said, whada we gonna do here?

He didn't know. So I helped him a little.

70 bucks on a cart it goes.

And on a cart it went.

I think I will put my new Kapex on it.

Per
    "all men dream: but not equally. Those who dream by night....wake in the day to find that it was vanity; but the dreamers of the day are dangerous men, for they may act their dream with open eyes, to make it possible."
    T.E. Lawrence

Quote Originally Posted by Per Swenson
    70 bucks on a cart it goes.
    Well done!

Well dang it, I went over to HD and the $99 sign was on a big pile of them but it was only if you bought a rigid chop saw and that was the total after a rebate. I asked one of the sales guys. Now I think after reading this it was kind of a hard to interpret sign but if they're ringing up at $149 as described earlier I think the story I got was technically correct. Anyone else?

I guess it depends on the store

Quote Originally Posted by Larry Rasmussen
    Well dang it, I went over to HD and the $99 sign was on a big pile of them but it was only if you bought a rigid chop saw and that was the total after a rebate. I asked one of the sales guys. Now I think after reading this it was kind of a hard to interpret sign but if they're ringing up at $149 as described earlier I think the story I got was technically correct. Anyone else?
    I got one at the Warrington PA. "Home Creepo" (Thanks Per) $99 no rebates no having to buy anything else. Great deal. The acrylic American Standard sink we bought was another matter. It was on clearance but not that much of one.. Got it home, the silly thing was CROOKED!! One end looked like it was bent down and the rim no way resembled level. I doubt there's any way to "bend" an acrylic sink, it had to be a manufacturing problem. I'm sure someone returned it and the geniuses at HD just put it in the clearance area rather than looking at it. We should have opened it and looked at it at the store I suppose, but I'd expect a taped-shut box to be as advertised. I guess not.

Curt

Per, I started another thread on how to collect dust around a MS. In your picture I can see how you've set it up. How effective is it?

Dave,

Err...ahhh..not very.

Well in straight cuts it worked fine, exceptional even.

Soon as I swung the saw...disappointment.

No, the only way to do it is to attach the the hood

so it swings with the saw. I only have sliders so thats a pain too.

Now I have seen some rigs for saws that work really well,

but they are shop fixtures. Not really conducive to set up and break down

on a daily basis.

So that's why I am saving my penny's now to get the first Kapex

off the boat.

Per
    "all men dream: but not equally. Those who dream by night....wake in the day to find that it was vanity; but the dreamers of the day are dangerous men, for they may act their dream with open eyes, to make it possible."
    T.E. Lawrence

Ryobi at HD for $89

Here is a link for the Ryobi portable stand at HD. Ir is online only. Hope the link works.

http://www.homedepot.com/prel80/HDUS...4+3966&pos=n24

I just bought a second one for $99. I'm going to part with my Hitachi Trac-Rac miter stand with two mounts. I'd rather have the saw on wheels. I picked up one for my Bosch 4212L and the second for my yet to arrive Makita LS1214FL.