Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Beer Lovers Only

Beer Lovers Only

Okay...so I love beer. I'm one of those who treats beer like some treat wine...

Dr.LOML surprised me a few days ago with 4 glasses. The first thing that came to mind is...wow...how cool. She's the wine snob who has different glasses for different wines...I like my old thick mug from the freezer...but she understands about the beer thing. Then...being the good husband...I say thanks soooo much...thinking...gimmick!

Well I tell ya... It ain't no gimmick. I actually works! And it works as advertised.

If you drink good beer from good glasses...try it...I would NOT steer ya wrong.
    http://www.samueladams.com/promotions.aspx
    I have NO connection to SA...just like some of their beer.

Last edited by Glenn Clabo; 02-26-2007 at 5:20 PM.
    Glenn Clabo
    Michigan

Do they work with Guiness and hold an "American Pint"(14.5oz)?
    Nice looking glasses at any rate.

I'ts true, different kinds of beer need to breathe just like different wines. Pilsners have thier own glasses all the way up to the barley wines which is still clasified a beer not a wine. Even guinness has a glass to call it's own that it should be poured into. Interesting stuff really if you do a search.

Travis

Am I looking at this glass thru "Beer Goggles?

Sweet wife there Glenn. I don't drink anymore but can appreciate a nice gift.
    Making new friends on SMC each and every day

I'm more like a person who treats beer like the leader of their favorite cult.
    Not really but I like a cold one. That looks really cool. I'm told that in Germany and Austria there are places where they would rather throw the local beer away than drink it out of the wrong glass. I may have to try this.
    I could cry for the time I've wasted, but thats a waste of time and tears.

Well I'll be...Who'd a thunk? I really drink very, very little beer (or any alcohol) anymore but, when I do have a glass, I really cherish it. Hmmm...Maybe I should look into getting a couple of those high-tech glasses for those occasions! Congrats on the nice gift, Glenn!
    Cheers,
    John K. Miliunas

Cannot find REALITY.SYS. Universe halted.
    60 grit is a turning tool, ain't it?
    SMC is totally supported by volunteers and your generosity! Please help if you can!
    Looking for something for nothing? Check here!

I like Beer. I like from a glass too but never realised the style mattered. Guess it makes sense. Wine needs one.
    MMMMMMMMMMMBEEEEEERRRRRRRGOOOOOOOOOOOODDDDDDDDD!!! !!

If you love beer, try brewing your own someday. Its a bit of work, but makes you appreciate everything about it. LOML got me a brewing kit a couple years ago and its great. Then came home coffee roasting. Next is a still (but that is a secret).
    When everything seems to be going against you, remember that the airplane takes off against the wind, not with it. - Henry Ford

I'll second what Frank said. Nothing like spending the day smelling boiling barley/and hops. If you do full grain or even half grain, the barley after the boil is really really good. Very sweet with all the sugars released during the boil.MMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM I think I need to go brew some beer!!

Agree...I've made many a batch. A few of us used to get together a couple times a year and build a few batches. Some good stuff. Lately however with my buds retiring and moving to NH and Fla...and my workload...I'm searching and buying only.
    Glenn Clabo
    Michigan

I guess those glasses will have to go on the b-day or Christmas list. I wish I had more time to brew beer again, it's been a while, but every batch I made was quite well received, if not by my friends and family, then by MY tummy!!
    Jason

"Don't get stuck on stupid." --Lt. Gen. Russel Honore

Jason, wasn't that you that brought some home-brew to 5 barns a few years ago?
    --

The most expensive tool is the one you buy "cheaply" and often...

Guilty as charged, Jim! That would have been a porter that I brought, but I don't recall which recipe. Definitely the best of what I've brewed (I may be a wee-bit partial to the dark beers...)
    Jason

"Don't get stuck on stupid." --Lt. Gen. Russel Honore

My local beer store has been going through them like crazy. Hopefully I will get lucky this weekend with them.

Dan
    A flute without holes, is not a flute. A donut without a hole, is a Danish.

15. Good to see some other fellow brewers on the board here. I do have to say, my homebrewing hobby and my woodworking hobby share the same space, so the dust can really be problematic. Guess that means I just need to build a brewery!