Thread: Holbren bits??

Holbren bits??

I was on the Holbren site looking at router bit sets. They have a 24 pc. set, but the bits are yellow. I thought Holbren brand bits are blue. The yellow bits look a lot like the cheap sets on ebay.
    I have never bought anything from Holbren but I here they are pretty good bits. I usually order from MLCS. Does anyone have any info on these YELLOW Holbren bits?

First post and I don't know a thing But I bought some for my very first $47.49 router - GMC ATBR1500 on Amazon

See below for Holbren's post.

xxxx

Lance
    Last edited by Jim Becker; 03-11-2007 at 6:07 PM. Reason: Removed direct link to another forum...not allowed by TOS

Quote Originally Posted by David Gunn
    I was on the Holbren site looking at router bit sets. They have a 24 pc. set, but the bits are yellow. I thought Holbren brand bits are blue. The yellow bits look a lot like the cheap sets on ebay.
    I have never bought anything from Holbren but I here they are pretty good bits. I usually order from MLCS. Does anyone have any info on these YELLOW Holbren bits?
    Brian from Holbren is a member on woodnet. Ask him there or just call him. He is a great guy.
    Glad its my shop I am responsible for - I only have to make me happy.

Brian is a member here also, though he is more active on woodnet. I bought his Bridgewood table saw when he upgraded to a MiniMax combo.

He is a very nice guy, he's been storing my EB-3 miter gauge that I forgot to pick up and isn't even charging me rent.

Just kidding Brian, I'll pick it up soon.

Kevin

Don't know about that particular set

but just last week I had a "customer satisfaction" situation with Holbren. Their response was outstanding, everything I could have expected.

I wouldn't hesitate to order from Holbren.

Direct link is:
    http://www.holbren.com/product.php?p...&cat=27&page=1

$20 for 24 bits.

With Brian's positive press here & on other forums, I'm confident I'll be quite pleased with the bits I just ordered.

-Mike

Brian currently does not have the blue set in stock. The blue set has C3 carbide and is thicker. The yellow has C2 and cannot be sharpened per Brians statement on another site.

Quote Originally Posted by Kevin Beck
    he's been storing my EB-3 miter gauge that I forgot to pick up and isn't even charging me rent.
    Is that what that was? My wife needed someting to hold a small tree up so I'll have to go clean it off.

Those yellow bits are a softer carbide but do cut well. You will be very pleased with what you get for the price. I hate making them yellow but everybody and their brother seems to have any reasonable color trademarked and yellow is the only one that can't be.

I use those bits for volume promotions and have a bunch left over, that's why I'm just about giving them away.

They are balanced and you don't have to worry about carbide flying off. Just the carbide is not as good or as thick as the blue bits.

Please no coupon codes on these, can't bleed any more than I am.

I ordered a set of 1/4" for my Bosch Colt, now I have a full set to get me started and the ones I use up I'll replace with high quality bits.

Thanks Holbren!

I guess if you snooze you lose. Just checked Holbren site, and set is now $34.95. Still a good buy but not as good as the $20.
    Les

Quote Originally Posted by Les Spencer
    I guess if you snooze you lose. Just checked Holbren site, and set is now $34.95. Still a good buy but not as good as the $20.
    Place them in your cart and THEN look at the price. You'll be pleasantly surprised.

Brad

Brad,

Thanks, order placed.
    Les

I just ordered a 1/2 set last night. Brian is a member of another site that Im on and he seems to be a real nice guy. He seams to always be giving some sort of deals all the time.