Thread: Dishwasher Door Seal

Dishwasher Door Seal

I have just ordered a new door gasket/seal kit for my mother's Kenmore dishwasher, mod # 587.771304 Does anyone know the specific instructions for replacing the door seal? I have not yet removed the old one. Thanks

I have a different one now but on an old Kenmore about 15 years ago the part came with adhesive, I had to scrape off the old one and glue it on. I used denatured aclohol to clean the old adhesive off. May be different now, though.

Sammamish, WA

Epilog Legend 24TT 45W, had a sign business for 17 years, now just doing laser work on the side.

"One only needs two tools in life: WD-40 to make things go, and duct tape to make them stop." G. Weilacher

"The handyman's secret weapon - Duct Tape" R. Green

Model 587 would probably be a Frigidare unit, how old is it, maybe I have a manual here at work.

Al
    Remember our vets, they need our help, just like they helped us.

Quote Originally Posted by Joe Pelonio
    I used denatured aclohol to clean the old adhesive off.
    Alcohol worked for that?? I'm surprised.

My go to solvent would have been laquer thinner or MEK.

I'm guessing Al, that once you stert removing the old molding the means to put the new one in will become obvious as it's either screws under a folded seal, glue, or a push in.

I admit a lot of things continue to surprise me, but I would really be surprised if the new seal doesn't come with installation instructions.
    Yoga class makes me feel like a total stud, mostly because I'm about as flexible as a 2x4.
    "Design"? Possibly. "Intelligent"? Sure doesn't look like it from this angle.
    We used to be hunter gatherers. Now we're shopper borrowers.
    The three most important words in the English language: "Front Towards Enemy".
    The world makes a lot more sense when you remember that Butthead was the smart one.
    You can never be too rich, too thin, or have too much ammo.

I think your right Cliff, many are installed with out glue and have clips, grooves and who knows what else to keep them in place.

You'd think so Lee, but not always.

Stan try this site
    http://www3.sears.com/
    Type your model in and take a look, glue isn't listed but the parts drawing is not real clear on mounting seal, if you buy the part from Sears ask them, once in a while they'll tell you.
    Also be care as some can be installed backwards and will leak, not sure if this is one of them, dealing with Sears can be iffy.

Al
    Remember our vets, they need our help, just like they helped us.

7. I have found repairclinic.com to be a great source of parts and information. They have a "repair guru" that you can email with your questions too.