Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Festool forum ???

Festool forum ???

I am not sure whether there is an additional cost involved, but could we possibly have a separate Festool forum ? I think the brand generates enough posts to make it worthwhile, and personally I am sick of bumping into all the Domino orgasm posts. (I know it's a new tool to the USA, but it's only a loose tenon maker after all. )

festool forum

You have my vote.

Do you think that will stop them?

Gary K.

I would say keep it as is.

I have no problems skipping posts that don't interest me. It's a new item and the quantity of posts should go down.

I was an avid follower of various forums at audio asylum and other audio forums for years. While some divisions seemed natural I found that over splitting the topics diminished the interest level of both the original and split off forum.

Larry

I agree with Larry

Just choose not to read the Festool posts. It really is that easy.

Ron

Quote Originally Posted by Ken Milhinch
    and personally I am sick of bumping into all the Domino orgasm posts. (I know it's a new tool to the USA, but it's only a loose tenon maker after all. )
    ...This coming from one who has a picture of a SawStop'ed blade as his avatar. <wink>

The furor will subside when we all get over the 'pee-our-pants' excitement and the 'new tool smell' fades.

Mine has a scratch on it already, AND... I didn't use it yesterday at all.
    "I love the smell of sawdust in the morning".
    Robert Duval in "Apileachips Now". - almost.

Laserpro Spirit 60W laser, Corel X3
    Missionfurnishings, Mitchell Andrus Studios, NC

Ken,

A Festool Forum would be part of the manufacturer's forums. These are set up for manufacturer's, or businesses, and would have to be done by the manufacturer, or business. As such, they do cost some dollars which go to support the Creek.

John
    John Bailey
    Sawmill Creek is a member supported forum. Click here to donate.

A forum dedicated to Festool already exists, outside of SMC, here:

festoolownersgroup.com

The FOG forum is not a manufacturer's forum, but rather Festool users, hence the name. The manufacturer's reps do participate in FOG, but the users run it.

Obviously, the existence of the FOG, which most Festool users are well aware of, does not stop Festool postings here at SMC. And it should not. If the products generate forum activity, so be it.
    Last edited by Jim Becker; 04-04-2007 at 10:05 AM. Reason: Remove direct link to forum -- Not allowed by TOS
    Dave Falkenstein aka Daviddubya
    Cave Creek, AZ

Quote Originally Posted by John Bailey
    Ken,

A Festool Forum would be part of the manufacturer's forums. These are set up for manufacturer's, or businesses, and would have to be done by the manufacturer, or business. As such, they do cost some dollars which go to support the Creek.

John
    Festool certainly has the marketing dollars to support a Festool forum on SMC.

They have certainly got a bunch of free publicity here... you would think they would pay SMC for their own forum on SMC. (which helps SMC!)

(Heck... much smaller companies already support SMC by paying for their own forums i.e BowClamps, HandKraft & EZ-Smart...they are helping SMC)

-jj

I'll likely never own a Domino but I do enjoy reading what it is and the reactions of those that use it .

Ive read some , skimmed some , Ignored most .

I don't see the issue really . If it doesn't interest you scroll on

Quote Originally Posted by skip coyne
    If it doesn't interest you scroll on
    Thanks Skip....I like operating on that basis as well.
    Thanks & Happy Wood Chips,
    Dennis -
    Get the Benefits of Being an SMC Contributor..!
    ....DEBT is nothing more than yesterday's spending taken from tomorrow's income.

Why buy the cow when the milk is free... To these people, Festool is some kind of religion...and everybody knows the religions like to convert people......
    Just my take on it....for what it's worth..... PS. I'm not saying that there is anything wrong with that.

Gary K.
    Last edited by Gary Keedwell; 04-04-2007 at 12:51 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by joseph j shields
    Festool certainly has the marketing dollars to support a Festool forum on SMC.

They have certainly got a bunch of free publicity here... you would think they would pay SMC for their own forum on SMC. (which helps SMC!)

(Heck... much smaller companies already support SMC by paying for their own forums i.e BowClamps, HandKraft & EZ-Smart...they are helping SMC)

-jj
    Just maybe Festool does not want or need a forum. I'm a Festool user, not a representative. Festool has a web site. Are you aware of ANY sizeable tool manufacturer that has their own forum? Like Bosch, Porter Cable, Jet, etc. I'm not. A small number of manufacturers do have a forum here. And that is good. But please don't imply that Festool, or any other tool maker, should be supporting SMC.
    Dave Falkenstein aka Daviddubya
    Cave Creek, AZ

I echo Larry and Skip's replies.

I know we have some mfrs and distributors post in the forums, but mostly they provide valuable
    info on the products and the moderators do a great job of policing the ones who use it as a marketing medium.

The forum is titled "General Woodworking and Power Tools", and I believe the Domino meets both of those criterion. I don't want to have to visit a dozen specialy forums to find out about new products.

Quote Originally Posted by Mitchell Andrus
    ...This coming from one who has a picture of a SawStop'ed blade as his avatar. <wink>
    No, that's a Forrest Dado King Blade. (We don't have Sawstop in Australia )
    Last edited by Ken Milhinch; 04-04-2007 at 7:59 PM.