Thread: Levard workbench

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
  1. Lervard directions

Craig...

I just recently placed a pdf of the Lervard directions booklet on my site at

http://www.toolemera.com/grr/pam/tlppamphlets2.html

Look at the last item on that page. You can get a good idea of how it was intended to be used. Personally, I think that this is an example of design first, figure out how to use it second. It's a little bit light weight for heavy work. But if you need a smallish bench for a tight space, it might fit the bill

Best
    Gary

This is 'way out of date, but... the Lervad workbench featured here is a "carvers' bench". I bought one years ago and did a bit of light woodworking on it. As several have stated, its pretty light-duty as benches go, but it shines as a platform for shaping, carving and inletting rifle stocks.
    I have added 7 1/2" in width to the top and completely replaced the base with a slimmed-down Kranz-style base with laminated legs. That added about 75-100# in all. Its still a light-duty bench, but I butt it up to a heavier bench for planing sessions. Three sets of wooden dogs keep my planes intact. I made one set of Macassar ebony, one of Ipe and another of Jarrah.
    I built three 1840's-era students' desks for my daughter's high school stage productions, so work of some size is possible.
    Once I sort out how to post pictures, I have several to share, from start to finish.
    Tom