Thread: Redmond Machinery

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Not Shipping - But Good Service

I bought a TS from Redmond a few years back and it came with a different fence than the one described on the web site. I believe it was an honest error on their part but they made it good by upgrading me to a Beis for a small fee.

I drove over from Birmingham to get the saw but did not take the fence out of the box so I did not find the problem until I got home. I was impressed with their attitude and desire to make me happy.

John

Never bought from them but I just bought a Delta DP at Lowes and found it was damaged once I got home. Went back to the store, they got out the last one they had and I inspected. It was damaged. Called another store went there and again had to unpack and inspect. Finally after 2 stores, 3 units, and several hours I got one.

My point is large tools are big, heavy and not packed to be idiot proof in handling. I believe that no matter who the seller is you have a risk of damage while in their care or by the freight hauler.

The bigger question is how will they handle it. I would wait to see what Gary's outcome is.

I got a damaged item on my first Grizzly purchase. They handled it without question. Didn't cost me a dime and didn't ask me to return the broken piece for proof (front rail tube). That earned Grizzly 3-4 major orders since then.

Good luck.

I purchased a dust collector from them. It arrived very quickly and was in perfect condition.

I would approach Redmond about your concerns. They should be able to put them to rest.

I guess the lesson learned should be to inspect the crate well before signing!