Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: What did you get for Father's Day?

My Fathers Day

I'm so lucky I got another year to say Happy Fathers Day to My Dad. My
    Beautiful Daughter Moved part of my Fathers Day to Thurs 14th because she was going to be away for the Weekend. Lovely words and Gifts from her and my Grandson (which by the way she left with us for 4 days ).
    My Son called me on Sun and I recieved a card from him and my Daughter In-Law. My Wife also Washed My Vehicle with my Grandson. I wouldnt trade any of it for a new tool ........ unless maybe, Naw, I really wouldnt

In the foothills of the NM Sandia Mountains
    I just polished it off – a quart of Rocky Road ice cream from 31 Flavors. Yummy!
    Please help support the Creek.

"The older I get, the better I used to be."
    Lee Trevino

An extra large Snickers bar from kid 3, and a great school-made Father's day card from kid 4 (age 6 or 7). The highlight of that card was that she said I could lift 90lbs (hmm?) and was 9' 2" tall! Their were other "interesting" comments on the card, but these two stick out. I loved it!

Joe

I was on standby and couldnt' leave the area so....my granddaughter's formal wedding happened on Saturday and the LOML drove 300+ miles to attend and didn't return until Sunday afternoon. So Sunday...I got paged for a down x-ray room....was able to put them off until Monday.....I spent the rest of the day vegetating....by myself.....until the LOML returned home and baked me a "from scratch" pecan pie....Both of my sons called me and wished me a Happy Father's Day and the oldest son dropped by for a visit in the evening.....
    Ken

So much to learn, so little time.....

Quote Originally Posted by Narayan Nayar View Post
    I got a day in the shop, which is all I asked for.
    That's all I wanted...

But I did get a EZ Smart Freedom Package. LOML is sort of a push-over if I ask enough times. Not bad considering...

A complete set of Rocky and Bullwinkle videos.

I went over to see my father and afterwards the wife took me out to supper on my credit card. This Sat. I get to take her out for her 60th still on my credit card.
    Rick
    I support the Pens for Canadian Peacekeepers project

Blog Entries
    All three kids drove out on the same day (a rare occurance). Lotsa good company and good food. LOML slipped me the 12ga., 40' retractable triple head extension cord I wanted so I can pull out some of the previous owners electrical "work".

Gift cards from others who know that gift cards are NOT a cheesy gift at all in my world.
    "A hen is only an egg's way of making another egg".

– Samuel Butler

Quote Originally Posted by Steve Campbell View Post
    I got the privilege of a day out in the boat with one of my daughters. It just don't get any better than that.

Steve
    Lucky man. But I do think it might have been better if she had also paid for the gas for the boat. I love spending time with my kids too. Even if it's just sitting around and talking about whatever. Camping, boating, just watching a movie, it's all golden time.

Bruce

Spent over half the day travelling back from CA (Napa Valley) where I had been with some clients. I arrived home to a "Welcome Home" sign in the yard and a new Weber grill, pretty excited.

My son is taking me to see Roger Waters in concert (Pink Floyd) on June 30 at Excel in St.Paul, new plaid slip on shoes,shirts,shorts. Happy fathers day greetings. Went to see my dad also.

Tom

My son took me to my first Nascar race in Michigan. We got there shortly after 8:00 Am and walked around visiting all the souviener stands. The race was great as his driver won ( I'm a Jeff Gordon fan.) Man it was hot in the stands as we has super seats on row 56 in section 162. I got back home in time to see it again on TV. Had a great day. Jack

Replaced a busted water heater. The weekend started out nice, made a trip to the nearest Woodcraft store Saturday morning to pick up some DC fittings, hose, a mobile base for my TS, and a few other odds and ends for the shop, then shopped around the "big city" for a bit getting other stuff for home. So far, so good. Got home, took the fittings into the shop/garage anticipating some shop time for the rest of the weekend, and find water all over the floor.

Spent the rest of Saturday shopping for a new water heater, removing the old one, and cleaning up water damage. Spent Sunday framing up some additional support for the new (larger) water heater, and the installation of said unit, along with all the usual (or not-so-usual) headaches that go with coping with unsuspected code violations in the original installation and bringing them up to code. You gotta love a frigging public servant that signs off on bad stuff and yet has no culpability! !!! (yeah, I'm pissed, and very cynical when it comes to our County Planning and Inspection department)

Got it all done nice and neat (and to code) and no leaks. Celebrated Father's Day at 9 PM Sunday night by taking a hot shower.

Now I gotta re-arrange the shop and get everything back into place and cleaned up. However, after an 11 hour work day today, I think it can wait a night. (insert "dog-tired" smiley here)

Oh, yeah... I did get a couple very nice cards from my young daughters, their utmost admiration, and their continued belief that Daddy is *The Man* and can fix anything. That's worth all the gold in the world.

A belated Happy Father's Day to everybody here at The Creek!

A shirt and an Rockler Exclusive Incra Universal Positioning Jig with Fence, stop block and right angle fixture Arrived today Viewing the DVD for the second time now. Should be cool for my box making. My son also smoked some pork and baby backs....hmmmmmm

Corey

It was a special Father's day......tool-wise. Wife gave me a Jet Mini Lathe, Jet stand, Oneway chuck, 14 turning tools, face mask, Ninja wheels for the Jooltool, pen blanks and hardware, and 3 turning books. As if these were not enough, the crowning piece was a Lie-Nielsen #4 in bronze and sock plus 2 Sharpton waterstones. I wonder what will be the repercussion. It's gonna be her birthday in 3 weeks. Godspeed.