Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Two Years Ago Today...

Two Years Ago Today...

...we met our daughters for the very first time. You can read some additional commentary in the BLOG but here is a picture from that first minute...

And just so you can see how the girls have grown, here's a couple of simple montages that show them from the age 9 and 5 they were when they arrived for hosting to their current 11-going-on-12 and 7-goin-on-8.

--

The most expensive tool is the one you buy "cheaply" and often...

jim--

congrats on your "gotcha" day anniversary!

great looking kids.

they look very happy.

i'm sure you are very proud.
    best regards,

jeffrey fusaro

Jim, You must be extremely proud parents. You have two lovely children. Congratulations on the anniversary of completing your family.

Jim, what a wonderful anniversary!

The girls are so adorable. They must fill your's and Alison's life with joy.

Jim....To the entire Becker family......."Happy Anniversary!"
    Ken

So much to learn, so little time.....

6. Congrats Jim!

Congratulations, Jim. Warms my heart when I read stories about you and your girls.

blessings,
    ...art
    "It's Not About You."

Jim, congratulations. I am more and more impressed with how caring many members of SMC are. It gives me hope. thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by Jeffrey Fusaro View Post
    congrats on your "gotcha" day anniversary!
    Thanks, Jeffrey.

Not really "gotcha" day...that would be 22 November 2005. 2 July 2005 was the day that our girls arrived in the US for their one month of "hosting"...they lived with us for that month, attended camp, etc., but had to return to Russia at the end of the month. We all then had to wait for the paperwork processing and a court date for finalization. Watching them leave at the end of that month was one of the hardest things I ever experienced in my life...if not the hardest.
    --

Glad you reminded us Jim.

My memory has been jogged and I remember your posts and blog pertaining to the visit. And then, what seemed like an eternity until you were on your way to Russia and then back with the "girls" in Bucks County.

Time is going by quickly now it seems. The girls are looking happy and healthy. And I know you and Dr. SWMBO's lives are enriched.

Best of wishes.

Karl
    Creeker Visits. They're the best.

Wow, time has sure flown. I was just thinking the other day reading the weekend thread--what happended to movie night Jim . Thing sure have changed in the Becker house!

Jim,

Have your daughters adapted well to life in Pennsylvania? I would also be interested to know if they attend public school and, if so, how that is working out.

Thanks for sharing.

Quote Originally Posted by Pat Germain View Post
    Have your daughters adapted well to life in Pennsylvania? I would also be interested to know if they attend public school and, if so, how that is working out.
    Pat, they are doing very well. Both started public school about 5 weeks after our adoption was complete. The younger just placed out of ESL/ELL and will be attending our local elementary school in the fall for 3rd grade. The older still has a bit of catch-up work to do as she goes into 6th grade and will continue at her present school where the ESL support is concentrated.

Our BLOG at http://a-j-adopt.blogspot.com documents nearly everything since the very beginning in late 2004.

Quote Originally Posted by Matt Meiser View Post
    Wow, time has sure flown. I was just thinking the other day reading the weekend thread--what happended to movie night Jim. Thing sure have changed in the Becker house!
    Matt, we still have "family movie" from time to time, but it's with less frequency. The last one was a few weeks ago when we first watched a great Bollywood flick called Hum Dil De Chuke Sanam (Straight From The Heart)...both girls are totally enamored with the Bollywood music and dancing. In fact, here's a couple dances from Nastia which she choreographed mentally and with only one practice: (Sound up...and have time...they are both 6 1/2 minutes long)

Dholi Taro Dance

Nimbooda-dance

When we visited friends in NYC this past Saturday (who are originally from India), they indicated that she is doing some very difficult traditional moves naturally and without training. That was really interesting to hear...

Next "Family Movie" is the "2nd" Star Wars movie, The Empire Strikes Back.
    Last edited by Jim Becker; 07-03-2007 at 11:12 AM.
    --

"their current 11-going-on-12 and 7-goin-on-8".....

Are you SURE they're that young!??

I've had the extreme pleasure of sitting and talking with these girls on my 1st visit with The Beckers. They are 2 wonderful and beautiful girls with hearts that highly reflect the love and happiness that Jim and Dr. Professor SWMBO .....have shown to those girls. Congrats to the entire Becker Family. I look forward to visiting with them again one day.
    Thanks & Happy Wood Chips,
    Dennis -
    Get the Benefits of Being an SMC Contributor..!
    ....DEBT is nothing more than yesterday's spending taken from tomorrow's income.

Congrats on your annivesery of meeting those 2 girls. It warms my heart when you post about them. I know its been alot of hard work and that there are plenty of challanges ahead of you. Just continue to let them know they are loved no matter what. Your rewards will be great.
    He is your friend, your partner, your defender, your dog. You are his life, his love, his leader. He will be yours, faithful and true, to the very last beat of his heart. You owe it to him to be worthy of such devotion.