Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Custom LN Chisel Handles

Quote Originally Posted by Jim Shaver, Oakville Ont View Post
    Wiley and Konrad Sauer gave me the bug(what are friends for?!!)...

Say hello to Kayoko for me....LOL
    Who is Kayoko?

I'm just starting with the Japanese tool bug but I got a fever from seeing your wall!

Also...did you make your bench Jim, I'm sure it's posted somewhere in one of these forums but I missed that.

Dean

Yeah, Wiley and Konrad are co-conspirators in all this, no doubt! But you couldn't ask for nicer, more willing to help guys either.

Thanks for the reply, Jim, and keep making nice stuff.

Kevin

Quote Originally Posted by Dean Lapinel View Post
    Who is Kayoko?

I'm just starting with the Japanese tool bug but I got a fever from seeing your wall!

Also...did you make your bench Jim, I'm sure it's posted somewhere in one of these forums but I missed that.

Dean
    My bench...

Yeah. woodcentral.com/shots/shot625/shtml

hope it's okay to post the link here..

Kayoko is at Misugi Designs, they sell Imai's chislels http://www.misugidesigns.com/chisels.html
    Last edited by Dave Anderson NH; 07-07-2007 at 4:29 PM. Reason: to remove direct link to a forum
    Take care,
    Jim

That's where I saw it!

I was impressed twice then. I know your bench well from drooling over it before.

I'll call Misugi Designs and dream about making a bench like yours.

Too pretty to use! I have the Blue spruce and the Lie Nielsens as well...the Blue Spruce are the best fine joinery chisels I have used...and I save them for dovetails and other fine work
    "All great work starts with love .... then it is no longer work"

Quote Originally Posted by Jim Shaver, Oakville Ont View Post
    My bench...
    Yeah.
    Jim,

I'm in the process of building my bench. I had decided on shaker style. I did a ton of research and bought both Landis and Schleining workbench books. However your bench was my major inspiration Nice work.

The chisels... I don't even want to talk about. I just managed to convince myself that I deserve a set of LN chisels and then everyone goes and raises the bar

Michael

Quote Originally Posted by Michael Pilla View Post
    Jim,

I'm in the process of building my bench. I had decided on shaker style. I did a ton of research and bought both Landis and Schleining workbench books. However your bench was my major inspiration Nice work.

The chisels... I don't even want to talk about. I just managed to convince myself that I deserve a set of LN chisels and then everyone goes and raises the bar

Michael
    Thanks Michael

The bench comes first or second, then the ability to use it as a tool brings other choices, some are hard to resist!
    Take care,
    Jim

Blue Spruce

Another satisfied customer of Blue Spruce. I asked for the darkest African Blackwood handles he had, and they feel and look great.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by Corvin Alstot; 07-08-2007 at 1:01 AM.

Are these the regular Imai or sword-steel Imai's? I am getting ready to put in an order for 5 Imai chisels, but I can't afford the sword-steel, I hope at least some of you have good things to say about the regular Imais.

10. Dave: Can you tell me more about the furniture society/club in oakville. I'm in Richmond Hill. Is there a web site? Great chisel collection by the way. I also own a set of custom Jeske Chisels. Very Beautiful .

Quote Originally Posted by Ralph Dobbertin View Post
    Dave: Can you tell me more about the furniture society/club in oakville. I'm in Richmond Hill. Is there a web site? Great chisel collection by the way. I also own a set of custom Jeske Chisels. Very Beautiful .

We have been a club now for 5 years. I was one of a few who helped to get it off the ground in 2002.

We have a web site,

www.hfms.ca

PM me if you need more information
    Take care,
    Jim

I'm going crazy