Quote Originally Posted by Michael Van Voorhis View Post
Thanks for all the replies people!

1. Right handed. So I was looking for a right bladed saw, right?

2. I was only looking at the rail system and not the bridge. Since I woodwork so infrequently the bridge is overkill for my planned future projects.

3. While a brake is nice, I did not think it was a requirement on the rail system.

I did not post in the EZ sub-forum at first because my question was primarily about dust collection and not about EZ System synergy.

So I guess the Hilti 267 is more than $200. What about the Hilti 167? Does that have DC? I am assuming that it would be cheaper as well.
1. Correct, and Dino has posted that either will work fine on a Bridge (for FUTURE reference) Because 2. May eventually happen (but not for some time).
3. NOT A REQUIREMENT, but a usefull item. If you read through some of EZ's posts, you will see people chipping the white antichip edges, from running close to the very end of the guide, and pulling the saw off of it to avoid things like woodburn, and they chip the edge from the running blade. That is one more reason to either use a brake, go for the longer (114") rail setup, or buy extra antichip edges.
With the dust mods, Bosch CS series, Worx, and Porter Cable (shield and exhaust), should all be fine.
As for the 167, it costs more, has less depth of cut and doesn't have the built in dust collection of the Porter Cable.

Don't be afraid to look at refurbised saws from Porter Cables site, they run sales on them.