Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Can You Vouch for Whiteside Router Bits?

First post here, just wanted to throw in a vote for Holbren. I bought a set of straight bits and a set of roundover bits from him and he accidentally sent me a cove set instead of the roundovers. I called him up and he said no problem keep the cove set and I will send you out the roundover set. Roundover set arrived today and I now have a free set of cove bits which definitely made this worth the trouble! Great service from Brian!

2. Quote Originally Posted by Brian Gumpper View Post
    I run a dedicated server and the host turned it off for some reason. Can't get in touch with anyone until tomorrow.
    That's why we don't call it networking, we call it notworking
    They gotta fire the bum who tripped over the cord.
    "Fine is the artist who loves his tools as well as his work."

Over the last several years I have ordered many Whiteside bits from WoodworkersWorld.net. I have been uniformly pleased with both the bits and the speed with which Alan has fulfilled my orders.
    Chip Hamblin

Quote Originally Posted by Bruce Page View Post
    The Whitesides that I have are very good but I don’t think they are any better than Freud bits.

I can't agree with this. I've had nothing but bad experiences with Freud bits and would never buy them again.

Whiteside - any day of the week. They're top notch.
    Last edited by Jack Briggs; 09-08-2007 at 8:03 AM.
    Jack Briggs
    Briggs Guitars

If you're buying router bits on price alone, I'd make sure they're American or European made. I've seen to many of the blue & yellow bits (Made in China) that are so badly manufactured that I'm not surprised when a customer tells us they have "vibration in their router." When sharpening said bits, we can tell the quality by simply taking the bearing off. Usually, the post that holds the bearing is off center. Furthermore,the thread pattern in the post is sub-par at best. Must be careful when setting the screw that holds the bearing back in as it's real easy to cross thread with the inferior steel used.

These unbalanced bits, after time, can wreak havoc on the bearings in your router.