Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Need your Table Saw opinions

Quote Originally Posted by Dave MacArthur View Post
    I really don't like the sound of that...

much better.
    Dave..

Pretty much Army lingo for someone is out front in command and you're just backing them up. But then again... you're Air Force.

Sarge..

All kidding aside, Glenn's post really is the well-reasoned answer IMO. Despite this, and perhaps due to a growing addiction to perusing CraigsList for used tools, I just keep wanting to say "keep looking in CL for a good deal on a used." But he still might be right

3. Personal opinion here: The Biesemeyer is vastly over-rated. Got one and would trade it for the Unifence any day. Don't let that be a deal breaker.
    Vietnam Vet With No Apologies

Quote Originally Posted by Greg Crawford View Post
    One thing to consider is dust collection. Contractor saws are very difficult to get reasonable DC with. The cabinet or hybrid saws with a good DC will give you more working time and less clean up time.
    I disagree. I have a Delta 34-445X Contractors tablesaw and have improved the dust collection.

Post Powermantic

I got mine and will never look back - $760,,,,, 1/2 price sale for 3 days $380.00 . I have it hooked up 220v , flies through 3" cherry with no problem. If you can get one on sale - grab it!
    Brian

I have the Bosch 4000-09. Its a real good saw. It has many excellent reviews. I am limited on space so a real large TS isnt feasible. I like the ability to pack it up and take it to a worksite.

So far I have no complaints outside the dust collection on it.. I will be modifying to a larger port.
    One good turn deserves another

Thumbs up

Once again you guys come thru for me.
    Thank you for all your comments and opinions.

I have looked all over texas on craigslist, ebay and local papers and have not found any cabinet saws for sale at a price I can afford.
    So if something dosent come up by next week I will hit my local Home Dpt and buy that Ridgid saw. I am convinced that is the most saw for my money.
    In preperation for my new toy, i just ordered an Osborne Saw Miter. Looking forward to playing with it.

Cheers,

The Bosch 4100 has a new dust port, according to the Bosch rep I met at the Woodworking Show today. He said it can capture up to 90% of the dust. To me that would be incredible, which means I am hopeful but would want to hear from actual user experience.

For my small shop, the 4100 is the best option. Though, I would jump at a Grizzly 1023 for the right price.

Well guys, i did it.
    I bought the Ridgid TS3650. I had been looking for a decent cabnet saw for a good price, but there was nothing worth buying. So I went to HD yesterday and purchased the Ridgid.
    I started putting it together last night. I havent finished it yet but Im almost done.
    Here are some picts...

compare this to what I had before...

cant wait to make some sawdust!

Thanks to all of your comments and help.

Cheers.
    Last edited by Wayne Ilfrey; 10-30-2007 at 10:06 AM.