Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: How much does your internet service cost?

Mine costs about $6 per month.

I have Charter Cable Internet, TV with premium channels and Internet phone. I am not sure what the Internet portion costs but my monthly bill is $129 for the total package. My speed is 2790 KB/S down and 418 KB/S up.
    David B

Quote Originally Posted by David G Baker View Post
    I have Charter Cable Internet, TV with premium channels and Internet phone. I am not sure what the Internet portion costs but my monthly bill is $129 for the total package. My speed is 2790 KB/S down and 418 KB/S up.
    I also have Charter and likely the same package you have, less the phone service. Internet speed is about the same. The monthly bill does not itemize cost, but calls it "Biggest Value Package" @ $115.29 a month.

Larry

Larry,
    The Internet phone saves me approximately $30 a month over what I paid for unlimited local and long distance with my previous hard-line carrier. One big problem with Internet phone, if you do not get the battery back up modem you will be with out a phone during a power outage. The sales rep that I talked to prior to committing to the the switch presented the deal that I went with as if it would have a built in battery back up. I didn't find out that I was misinformed until my first power outage. I didn't pay the $75 that Charter wanted for the "upgrade" but I did install a wall plug that will be powered by my emergency generator in the event of a power outage.
    David B

Quote Originally Posted by David G Baker View Post
    Larry,
    The Internet phone saves me approximately $30 a month over what I paid for unlimited local and long distance with my previous hard-line carrier. One big problem with Internet phone, if you do not get the battery back up modem you will be with out a phone during a power outage. The sales rep that I talked to prior to committing to the the switch presented the deal that I went with as if it would have a built in battery back up. I didn't find out that I was misinformed until my first power outage. I didn't pay the $75 that Charter wanted for the "upgrade" but I did install a wall plug that will be powered by my emergency generator in the event of a power outage.
    David,
    Charter has been pushing their phone service by mail, phone and email to the point of being annoying. Not surprised they sold you more than they delivered. I stopped in at their local office to pick up a 2nd cable box and they tried to sell me phone service and every other service available. After saying all I want is the box several times, I finally had to raise my voice and insist all I wanted was the box. I wonder if their sales people work on a commission?

Wireless connection. I have a dish receiver on the roof aimed at a communications tower about 2 miles away. I'm not sure of the speed but it is fast enough for me. Cost is $24.95 a month. I was paying about $12 per month for dial up and an additional $10 for an extra phone line so this was a no brainer.

About $45 a month.

Try taking those speed tests over a week at different times and average them out, if this one is like any of the others, it'll show different speeds at different times.

Al
    Remember our vets, they need our help, just like they helped us.

Michigan State University offers a speed test, and MSU doesn't collect your home address, phone number, etc.

http://network.msu.edu/public/speedtest.html

Another, more entertaining, site is: www.speedtest.net/

which also does not request additional information.
    Last edited by Don Hein; 11-21-2007 at 8:02 PM.