Thread: Any JDS Users

Any JDS Users

Hello,

I'm currently building my new shop and looking to upgrade to a cyclone. I'm considering the JDS 3 hp. The reson for JDS over Oneida or CLearview is height. The basement to the shop has a low ceiling and I wouldn't be able to fit a standard cyclone. JDS are significantly shorter and will fit. Comments form owners on quality performance etc are greatly appreciated.

tks

Adam

I have the JDS Accu-Miter and love it!

Great Company

Great Company
    always willing to supply parts when I dropped my Accu-mitre.
    Got a great deal on their Shop Dust Filtration from Amazon. I didn't read the instructions and started the thing before removing packing. bent the squirrel cage, admitted so and they still sent a new one under warranty.
    Their Multi-Router's precision is to marvel.
    Great Company

Mike

I have the 3HP model and basically it works great except that it is a real pain to remove the collection bag because the metal frame is in the way.

Emmanuel

I have the JDS ceiling hanging filter - works pretty good. I had to rebuild the pull chain switch about a week ago after having the thing in use for about 9 years - it clogged up with sawdust.

My first DC was a Grizzly. Never turned it on. I decided to upgrade to an Oneida Cyclone when the Grizzly 2HP (?) roll around 1 bagger was in-freight.

I had the Oneida until I got a wide belt sander. It couldn't keep up, and it was a PITA the clean out. I need more suction, more capacity, easier serviceability, and I ran out of ceiling height for their next bigger cyclone model.

So, I bought a Felder. RL-160 (or some such number). 106 gallon capacity via twin 53 gallon bins. Filters can be cleaned without opening up the unit, 5.5HP, albeit 3 phase, and it's not much taller than me. Love it.

Todd

The JDS 3hp cyclone on amazon was sub $700 earlier this year. I would wait till deal time on this one unless you need it now. It is also $150 shipping now and I believe that was free before as well. Several woodnet members bought it I know. One guy had 3 or 4 price matches because he ordered it early and then the price kept falling.

I own the Delta 50-903 cyclone (also $700 earlier this year) but it is way big at 122" and 5hp. I shortened the frame of the filter bag to a total of 110" to fit in my garage ceiling.