Thread: Who sells good replacement DC bags

Question Who sells good replacement DC bags

Hi all,

I own a Jet DC-650 dust collector for my small shop (13x15). I move the hose from machine to machine and usually leave the DC sitting in the corner.

The problem I have is that it's not very good about hanging onto small dust particles. Based on articles I read and people I talked to before making all of my purchases I also purchased a Jet Air Filtration System to pick up this dust.

However, as a lot of you probably already know the fine dust starts to settle everywhere long before the air filtration system can suck them up. In hindsite I wish I would have combined the money for these two purchases for a better dust collector.

But anyway.....I would like to replace the bags on my Jet DC with something that will do a better job of not letting fine dust particles escape and hopefully without much of a loss of suction.

Have any of you gone down this path? And if so can you give me some recommendations?

Thanks,

Jeff

Jeff I got mine a Penn State (PSI). Best price I could find.
    Dick

No Pain-No Gain- Not!
    No Pain-Good

Grizzly and woodworkers supply both have sub-micron bags. I used the WWS one; pricey, but works great.
    If "It's a poor craftsman that blames his tools", why do we think we can do more, and be better at it, with more expensive gizmos? You can't trade cash for skill. Unfortunately, I have neither.

In the foothills of the NM Sandia Mountains
    Jeff, I have the Penn State felt bags on my Delta 50-850. They are worlds above the Delta OEM bags. Very well made too.
    Please help support the Creek.

"The older I get, the better I used to be."
    Lee Trevino

Thumbs up American Fabric Filter Co.

I have a 1 mic bag from AFF www.americanfabricfilter.com they are very good at optimizing a bag for your setup. They will custom make the bag to fit your application. Send them an email with all of your specs and they will give you a quote.

Quote Originally Posted by Greg Scott
    I have a 1 mic bag from AFF www.americanfabricfilter.com they are very good at optimizing a bag for your setup. They will custom make the bag to fit your application. Send them an email with all of your specs and they will give you a quote.
    Another vote AFF! I bought mine a couple years ago and have been very happy with them. They do make bags that help the efficiency of your DC.
    If sawdust were gold, I'd be rich!

Byron Trantham
    Fredericksburg, VA
    WUD WKR1

You might consider converting to a Cartridge. You can do your own for about the same cost as two bags, and get better CFM and better filtration.

Mark

http://cnets.net/~eclectic/woodworki...Conversion.cfm

I've got some bags that I'm thinking about selling soon, if you're interested. I'm pretty sure they'll fit your DC, too. They are the 1 micron felt bags from Penn State. The bottom bag as a clear window built in, which is really nice. I'm upgrading to a canister and won't be needing these anymore. Would make you (or anyone else) a nice deal if you wanted 'em. I think they're 14.5" in diameter.

http://www.pennstateind.com/Merchant...Category_Code=

Aaron