Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: What was your favorite piece in 2007?

The Bath Vanity & Mirror (that's takin' forever to do!)

Our new bath vanity and mirror surround. We're still deciding on whether to use solid surface material (e.g., Corian) or real stone for the top. The bathroom is now being demolished and a lot of tile work is ahead for the Holidays.

Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year,
    -Jeff

Jeff,

All I can say is "Wow!" I want a vanity just like that now!

Tom

My wife suggested that, while it's not all woodwork (but the rafters and beams are) that I post this project that I finished late spring 2007. It's off the pool, and served as a nice venue for a family reunion we held 4th of July.
    jack
    ps: i built it from (below) ground up, all by my lonesome. Took only a little less than a year.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Quote Originally Posted by Mark Singer View Post
    I made a lot of furniture in 2007 and a couple of pieces stand out. The teak sofa for a friend is one...It had challenging exposed joinery like the mitered dovtails. and really came nicely together.
    http://sawmillcreek.org/attachment.p...2&d=1165458142

http://sawmillcreek.org/attachment.p...4&d=1165500522
    Mark, that teak sofa still ranks as one of my all-time favorites. The joinery aside, something about the simple-lined, modern design is horribly appealing. Man, that's beautiful!

I built a lot of stuff this year but the Zebra rocker gets the most comments...

and a close up of the seat

Quote Originally Posted by Richard Dragin View Post
    I built a lot of stuff this year but the Zebra rocker gets the most comments...

and a close up of the seat
    As it should. That's one nice piece of furniture.

did you use a specific set of plans for that Morris Chair.

It really looks great.
    I would love to make one some day.

Wow indeed. That vanity is amazing. Can you give us some construction details? How did you do the curved door panels?
    ~g

9. I havn't completely finished but my main work this year was to redo my kitchen.

Before:

After:

Emmanuel
    Last edited by Emmanuel Weber; 12-25-2007 at 5:49 PM.

Blog Entries
    All I can say is when heaven was passing out skills......you all went through the line twice. You are all an inspiration and a pleasure to know. Great work. Keep em comming.
    What you listen to is your business....what you hear is ours.

I didn't do a lot of woodwork this year. I made a couple of office chairs but I didn't like the way they came out. So I guess my favorite project this year was the compass rose elliptical tray.

Mike
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Go into the world and do well. But more importantly, go into the world and do good.

Blog Entries
    Wow, sure is some impressive work out there. My favorites are Bill's segmented turning and the zebrawood chair, although all those posted are wonderful. My best for 2007 is a 1750s tall chest reproduction made of mahogany. All hand carved. A sincere neander effort.

Amazing. Makes me want to quit.

Where the heck is Bloomer, WI?

edit: North of Eau Claire.
    Last edited by George Bregar; 12-25-2007 at 8:04 PM.

My favorite project would have to be the plaque I made to honor all Medal of Honor recipients past, present and future. My daughter and I were fortunate enough to attend the Grand Opening of the New Medal of Honor Museum in Charleston, SC this past May. Only about 1000 to 1100 people were allowed to attend along with 49 Medal of Honor recipients. The plaque is 49 inches long by 30 inches tall. The "ribbons" are made from 1 1/4" walnut and the three medals are all lasered to represent the Army, Air Force and the Navy/Marines/Coast Guard. The "medals sit on hand sculped red oak that is bordered with purpleheart. I donated it to the Museum where it now hangs.

Dave

Quote Originally Posted by Joel Ficke View Post
    Wow, sure is some impressive work out there. My favorites are Bill's segmented turning and the zebrawood chair,
    I'm flattered that someone with your ability likes my chair. I can carve with a grinder to make the chair but the detail work on your chest amazes me. People think I have a lot of patience to build stuff but I don't know if I could ever muster the determination to get good enough to tackle something like your chest. Really impressive work.