Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Trouble with my trash man!

What hauler???

lucky you all. It is so booney up here we have no private or public haulers. Once a week to thr transfer station. but all is taken after source separation. Wood and sawdust into the wood liftback.

Our village trash collection specifically refuses to pick up what they refer to as "construction debris. " Maybe your collectors think sawdust is construction debris. My sawdust goes to my daughter-in-law for composting and scraps to my next door neighbor for his Russian stove.

Blog Entries
    Well, I guess I am not alone with this problem. I guess I will need to ge me another trash can so i can seperate household trash from sawdust and scraps. I guess I will have to start composting or burning or something. Yet another project to add to the growing list. I thought i was going to simplify my life when I took up this hobby. Man! was i wrong! But it's still fun!!!!
    Larry J Browning
    There are 10 kinds of people in this world; Those who understand binary and those who don't.

garbage pick up problems

I find either option to be very effective, Larry.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Phil in Big D
    The only difference between a taxidermist and the taxman, is that the taxidermist leaves the skin. Mark Twain

Good choices, Phil! All the way to the choice of weapons. No predudice here, Smith and Wesson is just the best.

David

Quote Originally Posted by Phil Phelps
    I find either option to be very effective, Larry.

Well I'm in shock that they screen what you throw away. Trash is trash. Here our garbage man has it easy. Just pull the truck close and use the arm to pick up the can and that's all there is to it. The only downside is if there is somthing you can't fit in you have to wait until it will fit in because there is no way they will get out of the truck here. I've recently started using a burn barrel and it works great.
    Travis

Quote Originally Posted by David Rose
    Good choices, Phil! All the way to the choice of weapons. No predudice here, Smith and Wesson is just the best.

David
    I'm partial to Mr. Colt, myself, David. But I would use the services of Smith and Wesson if they were available to me.

Our trash situation here is pretty interesting. I live in a small town of about 1200, and, last I knew, there are 3 different companies competing for our trash (all private). Needless to say, they take everything, save for the hazardous stuff.

On a side note, it's amazing what will disappear when you put a 'FREE" sign on it. When I got my current grill (a Chargriller smoker/grill), I put out the old square $39.99 charcoal smoker/grill I had at the curb with a "FREE" sign on it. This thing was near death. I just happened to wake up at about 3AM one morning and look outside to see someone stuffing it in the trunk of their car--legs first. As soon as they took off, CRASH--out it dumps. I thought to myself, "Great, now I'll have to clean up a mangled grill in the morning..." But, no, they stopped, stuffed it back in the trunk (about this time I remembered I probably hadn't cleaned out the ashes...), legs UP, of course. Then they peeled out leaving. I hope they didn't hear me LMAO.
    Jason

"Don't get stuck on stupid." --Lt. Gen. Russel Honore

Ha! Good one, Jason! I'm LMAO!!! Too funny....

I put this couch out on the curb with a free sign on it early one Saturday morning. I had to bring it in Monday evening since the trash guy comes early AM Tuesday. Tuesday night, I put it back out there.

It sat there all week, all Saturday and all Sunday. Leaving for work Monday morning, it was gone! I was happy as I was getting ready to drag it back from the curb...again and was thinking I'd need to put a call into the trash company and PAY to have it removed. Even Goodwill didn't want it! Can you imagine...perfectly good couch...all leather, no tears...just worn like crazy.

I hope it is happy in its new home...no clue at all who took it. Some high schoolers were looking at it one day and I did my best to usher it off to them.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Wood: a fickle medium....

Did you know SMC is user supported? Please help.

Jason, no problem with Colt... in the right models. In fact, the Government is still the auto to beat, by anyone.

David

Quote Originally Posted by David Rose
    Jason, no problem with Colt... in the right models. In fact, the Government is still the auto to beat, by anyone.

David
    Well, I've got a M1991A1 Commander. It's not too bad for only having a 4.25" barrel. I really like the rubber grips, too--they help immensely with muzzle flip. Plenty of other similar "tools" I'd like, but at this point, I've got all I need in that department, and I'm still shy on ww'ing tools.
    Jason

Blog Entries
    To whomever moved this thread.
    I think this topic WAS started in the correct forum, however, I think it was morphed into something else. Is this why it was moved? I have never had one of my threads moved. It sorta feels like you are saying I did something wrong, and I don't think I did.

Larry
    Larry J Browning
    There are 10 kinds of people in this world; Those who understand binary and those who don't.

Larry, I'll accept primary blame for the "morphing". I'm sorry. I didn't move the post of course. I will remove my "off topic" posts and I think Jason will too, if you would like to see if it can be placed back in General for archival purposes. I don't think you did anything wrong.

David

Quote Originally Posted by Larry Browning
    To whomever moved this thread.
    I think this topic WAS started in the correct forum, however, I think it was morphed into something else. Is this why it was moved? I have never had one of my threads moved. It sorta feels like you are saying I did something wrong, and I don't think I did.

Larry

Larry, I'll edit out my own posts, if you think that's necessary. I guess I followed the rabbit trail into the OT boundaries. Ken Salisbury is the moderator of the General Forum, so he is likely the one who moved it, so you might be able to take it up with him. Just don't cross him--he's probably got a couple S&W's laying around himself, being the good ol' boy that he is.
    Jason

Blog Entries
    Dave and Jason,
    Don't worry about editing you posts. I guess I was already ticked off about the trash pickup. Most of the responses were of the "sucks to be you" or "I feel your pain" variety. Not too helpfull, then they moved my post and I was really feeling picked on.
    Anyway, I will figure something out. Let's just close this thread and continue on in the best forum on the web!!!

Larry
    Larry J Browning

Larry, maybe hide them in black garbage bags? That way, they can't see what's inside. If you think about it, it's not right. Wood will bio-degrade into dirt, so the garbage men don't take it. But, you fill a garbage can with styrofoam and plastic, they haul it off to the landfill. This is completely backwards! Here in my neck of the woods, our landfill charged me $25 one day to dump some yard waste (branches, leaves, etc...). Now, I was not prepared for this, because if you live in this county you are allowed one free dump a day. I have been here countless times with wood scraps, couches, shingles, siding, you name it, I've dumped it for free, EXCEPT LANDSCAPE WASTE!!!! How stupid is that???? I feel your pain, buddy!