Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567

Thread: How old is your Tablesaw?

Quote Originally Posted by Bob Feeser View Post
    Bill,
    Thank you for your kind words. It is just great to know a fellow creeker is using the same vintage era saw. Is that cast iron extension the original one that came with the saw. Mine never had a side extension, and I always wondered what the extension would look like. I saw the holes for one, that were never used. Just curious.
    Bob
    Yes, it is the original extension, there was two but one was broken and junked before I got the saw.
    I still have the original manual that came with also.
    The only real problem I have with the saw is the 1/2 in arbor. I wish it was a 5/8 so I could get a new dado set for it.

PM 66 20 years young

I just purchased a PM 66, Serial# 88662011 3HP 1PH and 50" Biesemeyer fence. Still has the cosmoline on the top, as does the Delta DJ 20. Infact the jointer body is still in the wooden Delta shipping crate. I wanted to post pics before I posted, but am trying to figure out how to do that. Neither the saw or jointer where ever used. Purchased in 1999. I bought them for $2150.00. Plus the lasy through in a old Montgomery Ward 48" wood lathe with orginal GE motor and 4 never used Craftsman lathe chisels. The person I purchased these never used tools purchased them in 1989. I "think" going by the serial number my saw was made in 1988...so it is just shy of it's 20th birthday and still as new

Jim

My SawStop is less than a year old. It replaced a Craftsman that I bought in 1979.
    Don Bullock
    Woebgon Bassets
    AKC Championss

The man who makes no mistakes does not usually make anything.
    -- Edward John Phelps

My SawStop is about a year old also, It replaced a Powermatic 66 which I hd for 10 years and never had any problems! It was a great saw. The SawStop is even better and as you can imagine safer.
    "All great work starts with love .... then it is no longer work"

The heart and soul of the shop

My old PM66 is 35 years young. Bought it when I built the house it sets in. I'll bet I've hauled away enough sawdust from it to fill the shop several times over! Paid the outrageous sum of $418 for it new. Still looks and works (except for upgrades) about the same as it did way back then. Wish I could say that about the operator! Thanks to all the great contributors to one great forum.

6. old tannewitz

tannewitz model j made 1926 , works like it was make yesterday,10" craftsman made in the 50's, 10' general made in the 80's (why does one man need three saws )
    rounding off the sharp corners-alex

1 1/2 month old Jet proshop saw hat I made all of 10 cuts on before I broke my leg . Now i just hobble out to the garage to stare at it now and again, waiting until I'm well enough to get back to work on it.

Let's see....right at 68 years old. It's a late '39, early '40 Unisaw that I restored last winter. Serial #G-388.

1948 Delta Unisaw --

At 10 years older than I am, I think I like my Delta 1948 Unisaw with the bullet motor. I collect and restore old Delta tools and also have a 1953 version which is pretty nice too, and a 1971 version which doesn't have the character of the older Delta tools. The older the better!

Ben Anderson
    Tool Collector and Woodhead
    www.old-woodworking-tools.net

I have an October 2006 purchased 5hp Sawstop with T-Glide fence, Jessem Mast R Slide, PSi overarm dust hood, and HTC base with ball bearing tool box. Also have an old CI Wards 8"? benchtop contractor saw with no fence that I do not use.

Cliff,
    Are you looking to do something like this? I've got an Grainger 6Y943 that was built in the 80's. The spindle is replaceable with an extra long one. I mounted 2-8" dado sets with an 1/2 spacer, to cut the bridle joints for my bar stools.
    Attached Images Attached Images

My Craftsman was purchased in the early 80's. I have upgraded the fence and it still works pretty good.

10 Month Old Shop Fox W1677

It replaced a 10 year old Cman I had upgraded beyond belief!