Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

Thread: Best Socket Set?

When my children reached the age where they wanted to start using dad's tools, guess what they got for Christmas and birthdays. A Craftsman tool box filled with the standard set of end wrenches, sockets, screw drivers and Allen wrenches. I figured that the tools would be a much better gift than something they would out grow in a month or so. Wonder if they still have the tools?
    I probably would have stayed out of this thread if I had know the tools were for a 3 year old.
    David B

I don't know who makes them, but I have had lots of good service from Napa's tools. I have a store here in town and the tools have a lifetime guarantee.

Joe
    Vortex! What Vortex?

I too have some Craftsman handtools that are 50 years old and have lasted through home use (cars, etc). A xouple of replacements over that time but not many.

As a side note, if you go with Craftsman, check out the QVC website. They usually have some sort of set on sale for a very good price. they will still be backed by Sears.

George
    2B1ASK1

When I got got out of H.S. I worked in a dealership as a trainee mechanic. I used to do alot of warranty work which was quite repetative. One of the jobs was changing O2 sensors. But they had a cord so you needed a socket that had a slot cut in it. I asked the Snap-On guy if he had one and he said Yeah-$68 bucks. I asked him if he's on crack. I went back to my tool box,got out the air grinder with the disc on it and did the needed sacrifical surgery on a 4 dollar craftsman socket and it worked just fine..$68 bucks-my-you-know-what!!!
    Michael Gibbons

I think I like opening day of deer season more than any udder day of the year. It's like Christmas wit guns. - Remnar Soady

That bear is going to eat him alive. Go help him! That bear doesn't need any help! - The Three Stooges