Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: WWer Luncheon

WWer Luncheon

Tomorrow Jan 15, 08 12 pm- Bob Evans resturant -9102 metcalf ave. - Overland park, ks. if anyone is interested.
    Jr.
    Hand tools are very modern- they are all cordless
    NORMAL is just a setting on the washing machine.
    Be who you are and say what you feel... because those that matter... don't mind...and those that mind...don't matter!
    By Hammer and Hand All Arts Do Stand

yikes, that's kinda short notice. Who showed up?

Let's see, I have 5 minutes to get there and I am north of the river... Dang it. Sorry I missed you, I have wanted to meet you Harry.

Hey Harry.
    You going to able to attend the woodshow breakfast at LePeeps?
    Its there on Metcalf also.

February 2nd

Let's see. We had Roy Wall, Bill Ward, Jr. Strasil, Jr's wife (sorry, I've already forgotten her name...), and me.

Since Jr. gets down to the KC area on a about a montly basis, we try to get together when he's down. If anybody would like to be invited in the future PM me with your email address and I'll take the lead on putting the list together.

I'll also try to put a notice here with a bit more lead time...

I'm looking forward to meeting all of you who are going to be at Le Peep's before the woodworking show.
    "History is strewn with the wrecks of nations which have gained a little progressiveness at the cost of a great deal of hard manliness, and have thus prepared themselves for destruction as soon as the movements of the world gave a chance for it." -Walter Bagehot

Don,
    Is the WW'ing show you're referring to the one in OP?

Cheers,
    Greg

Quote Originally Posted by Greg Cole View Post
    Don,
    Is the WW'ing show you're referring to the one in OP?

Cheers,
    Greg
    That's the one.
    "History is strewn with the wrecks of nations which have gained a little progressiveness at the cost of a great deal of hard manliness, and have thus prepared themselves for destruction as soon as the movements of the world gave a chance for it." -Walter Bagehot

Blog Entries

LaPeeps 2/2/08

Count me in guys, I would like to join the feast before the invasion...Time???

Greg
    My continuing search for old tools- rusthunter dot com

I'd be interested in the preshow breakfast (if I can drag my ... out of bed, as I won't be off work the night before till around 12 am).

8:00.............

I got the notice

Guys,

I plan to be there as well, now that I live in OP it will be much easier...

Cal

The more the merrier I say.

I'm trying to get Bill Ward to join the conversation. He's the one who made the reservation at LePeep, but I can't seem to find his account here at SMC, so I emailed him. Hopefully he'll be joining the conversation soon.

Quote Originally Posted by Calvin Hobbs View Post
    Guys,

I plan to be there as well, now that I live in OP it will be much easier...

Cal
    Calvin -

It will be good to see you again. Glad you're in the area permanently (well, for while at least...)

Don - Yes, keep Bill Ward posted on the body count! We could be pushing 30 this year.

Usually everyone that comes brings a show and tell hand tool -- and if the weather is somewhat decent, a bit of a "tool tailgate" just before heading to the WWing Show.

If I wasn't such a hermit (or shop rat on the weekends, LOML calls the shop my "apartment"), I might be up for meeting the Creekers for a cup of joe.... but the show... umm... I'll pass.
    Although I seem to remember being pretty excited about the Incra TS and router stuff I dragged home last year (although the router table top is sagging like a herfords you know what now)..... so if someone bumped you with a dolly last year with a bunch of stuff on it... it wasn't me. It was some other tall blonde haired guy in a hurry to go home and install his Incra fence and router table....
    Sorry to be a total Northlander, but where the heck is Lepeeps? Must be close to the OP Trade Center or whatever that place is called.... or tell me to get off my last backside and look it up.
    Seriously, I'm interested in meeting a couple of the local Creekers if nothing else.....

Greg

I just heard back from Bill. He isn't a member here at all. He said that he has already made the reservations for 20 and that we have 20 confirmed to come.

To those who aren't on the confirmed list I'd say come anyway and maybe we'll have several groups scattered around. Then make sure you find Bill and get him your email address so you can be on the list for next year.

Greg,

LePeep is on the Northwest corner of Metcalf and College in OP.