Page 57 of 58 FirstFirst ... 747535455565758 LastLast

Thread: N.E. Patriots

Quote Originally Posted by Tim Morton View Post
    That was the most painful sporting event loss I have ever experienced....worse by far than leaving pedro in too long....we new englanders are not used to this in recent times. My hats off to a great giants team!!!!
    I know what you mean Tim. Did Brady seem right to you? Man, he was missing easy throws. Not going to sleep well tonite.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Tim Morton View Post
    That was the most painful sporting event loss I have ever experienced....worse by far than leaving pedro in too long....we new englanders are not used to this in recent times. My hats off to a great giants team!!!!
    You must be experiencing what I did when the Bengals lost the Superbowl to the 49's when Wyche was coach. That was a heartbreaker, I still refuse to watch any part of any replay of that game.
    Have a Nice Day!

"He's the only one on the field that didn't get the memo? I wonder how many times he's told his teams to play until the final gun, you know, all that coaching talk. I'd be pretty steamed if my coach left and I had to stand at the line for the final snap. His actions don't really exude much class IMHO."

The same guy who encouraged his team to stay after the game and dance and stomp on the charger's logo last year? You mean that guy? What a surprise!

Honestly, though, that had to hurt. And to a wild card team. Ouch! Maybe the younglings will learn the value of all that trash talk here and elsewhere all these months. In fact, if it weren't for all that talk, I'd be sad for those guys, especially Junior, who deserves a ring as a starter. As for the rest of them, well, I guess that's why they bother to play the games.

Alas, maybe the whole thing is a greek lesson in hubris. "He who the gods would bring down, him they first exult!" Still, that's a pretty hard landing.

And to a wild card team. So much for that 'greatest team in history talk.'

Thanks,

Bill

Quote Originally Posted by Bill Lantry View Post
    "He's the only one on the field that didn't get the memo? I wonder how many times he's told his teams to play until the final gun, you know, all that coaching talk. I'd be pretty steamed if my coach left and I had to stand at the line for the final snap. His actions don't really exude much class IMHO."

The same guy who encouraged his team to stay after the game and dance and stomp on the charger's logo last year? You mean that guy? What a surprise!

Honestly, though, that had to hurt. And to a wild card team. Ouch! Maybe the younglings will learn the value of all that trash talk here and elsewhere all these months. In fact, if it weren't for all that talk, I'd be sad for those guys, especially Junior, who deserves a ring as a starter. As for the rest of them, well, I guess that's why they bother to play the games.

Alas, maybe the whole thing is a greek lesson in hubris. "He who the gods would bring down, him they first exult!" Still, that's a pretty hard landing.

And to a wild card team. So much for that 'greatest team in history talk.'

Thanks,

Bill
    Hope that makes you feel better. Like I said before ...this thread was just intended for a great bunch of guys to cheer their team on. Nothing more or nothing less. It was just innocent fun. If you really read through the whole thread there was really not much bragging just fans of the Patriots. We didn't pretend to be fair....this was OUR thread and the TITLE of the thread, N.E. Patriots said it all.
    Also,we were very fair to our detractors for the whole 4 months, otherwise they would have pulled this thread a long time ago.
    Oh well. Like they say: Wait till next year!!!!!!!!

Gary

Quote Originally Posted by Gary Keedwell View Post
    ....this was OUR thread and the TITLE of the thread, N.E. Patriots said it all.
    Did you pay extra for that?

"If you lend someone $20 and never see that person again, it was probably a wise investment."

Quote Originally Posted by Gary Keedwell View Post
    You do know what you can do with your karma....don't you?
    Yep, have a smile on my face until next season.

Look at it this way, at least there will not be an asterisk by the undefeated "perfect" season. The videotaping thing may go away in time.

Can this thread slowly go away now?! Enjoy your 18-1 season ...at least you had the Red Sox and perhaps the Celtics will bring you top honors!

Quite a run...awesome game....
    Wood: a fickle medium....

Did you know SMC is user supported? Please help.

A Woman's View...

Hey guys, I was at Lambeau Field on Jan. 20 when the Giants won! Heartbreaking, and yes I had to read all about how BAD the Packers were and how Brett was not in the game...and on and on! The Packers lost, the Giants out played them! The Giants out played the Patriots and emerged the Super Bowl Champions! Their defense handed Brady something he didn't experience in the season. And as for that Eli-wow, he had a couple of Brett Favre moves out there! Awesome game, I really enjoyed it!

Just a few thoughts: Great Post, I as a woman enjoyed it! Ken, I loved the crow joke, (it was just funny)! Rick Gooden, you are absolutely right about just congratulating the Giants-it was a great game! Christopher from Colorado, I just love the fact that you are holding a baby in your picture (what is really important in life)! Greg, I totally agree with you "why did he leave the field"? I watched Brady's interview, it was classy, I will give him that! I do think Belichek should have handled things differently!

And finally Gary, jokes aside...I know how you are feeling! Truly! This is no fun! You know everyone will remind you of everything you said, but like you said about the thread...all in fun, guys (should have included a woman or two...and you thought I wasn't reading all of them) just commenting on their favorite teams! You were always kind to this Packer fan! The Patriots had a spectacular season, they have nothing to be ashamed of!

Ok guys, on to another subject...POLITICS I better go read the rules, who is brave enough to start this thread?

Have a great day everyone!
    Phyllis
    "IT'S NOT WHETHER YOU GET KNOCKED DOWN, IT'S WHETHER YOU GET UP"
    VINCE LOMBARDI

Make our jobs easier: no polictics, Phyllis!
    Wood: a fickle medium....

Did you know SMC is user supported? Please help.

Great SuperBowl. As has been said many times, any team on any Sunday. The best team won, no doubt the Giants had more heart than the Pats. Hats off to the Giants for a great defense that shut down the Pats. Hats off to the Pats for a great season. Next year should be a good one.

Archie Manning must be one proud father. Two sons, two superbowls in two years.

Quote Originally Posted by Chris Padilla View Post
    Can this thread slowly go away now?!.
    IIRC, this thread began with some fairly obnoxious taunts & gloats. If it was within SMC TOS back in October or whenever it started (and I once had a moderator delete a post for way less than some of the stuff I saw in this thread), it's only fair that the non-Patriots fans get the last laugh.

Proof once again though, that defense wins championships. The Giants D-line shoulda taken MVP honors. Glad to see Mr. Strahan will retire with a ring.

There is established precedence that no thread is the exclusive domain of a particular sub group. The claim that a thread is intended for one set of users is a best a convenient reason and at worst, well, it rings a little hollow. Such is life on the Internets.

It was a great game and both teams deserved to be there. The Pats were the only 18-1 team to not win the SB. But the Giants were a worthy and dominant opponent that had more desire.

Belichick didn't do his image any favors, but perhaps he is the kind of coach only a fan can enjoy.

But the $64K question is, what do the Pats do now? How do you come back after a season and loss like this? Pull all the stops only to lose the final game? That'll take a while to get over I'm sure.
    Last edited by Greg Peterson; 02-04-2008 at 4:09 PM.

[QUOTE]
    Quote Originally Posted by Greg Peterson View Post
    There is established precedence that no thread is the exclusive domain of a particular sub group. The claim that a thread is intended for one set of users is a best a convenient reason and at worst, well, it rings a little hollow. Such is life on the Internets.
    Again...you never cease to amaze me. This coming from a guy who complained that someone made an unkindly remark about Favre on the Green Bay thread.
    Again, there are many forums on SMC that I rarely visit and when I do visit... if I see a title that doesn't interest me...I do NOT click onto it. As simple as that. If someone thinks a thread should "slowly go away" Like I said..this was clearly mearked N.E. Patriots and nobody is forcing anybody to participate.
    That being said (sorry for the rant) For the most part, I think that there are a great bunch of people here who I really would like to sit down and have a couple of beers with. I really enjoyed myself and who says it has to end
    Gary

Gary, the Pats had a great season and they have tremendous fans. I imagine that with some perspective, the team and fans will recognize the season for what it was, a spectacular success. So they didn't win the SB. Your team won every regular season game and most of their playoff games.

It had to have been an incredible experience. It's a shame that the sports pundits last evening on ESPN were labeling the Pats season a failure. I'm sure there are a lot of fans that enjoyed being on the winning side of the score eighteen times in a row this season. And in the final analysis, isn't being entertained the reason we watch sports?

I know exactly what he is, Tim And thanks for covering my back
    Privately, I said that I hoped the Pats would lose a couple of games in the regular season. I said it to my wife a few times but felt it would be sacrilegious to actually post it . The constant anxiety and stress to NOT lose a game will grind you down. Think if the pressure was off a few games before the end of the season. I really think the Super Bowl would be theirs. There was a big debate about that on one of the sport shows when the Patriots had won their 13th or 14th game.
    Oh well, it is what it is. They were still undefeated through the regular season and 2 playoff games How long will it take for that to happen again?
    Gary
    Last edited by Ken Fitzgerald; 02-04-2008 at 6:10 PM. Reason: quote contained a personal attack.