Thread: Outstanding deal on Sorby Turning Tools

Blog Entries

Outstanding deal on Sorby Turning Tools

I received the Rockler sales flyer in the mail yesterday and the 6-piece set of Sorby Turning Tools is on sale for $149. I believe this price only applies to in-store purchases and is limited to the stock on hand. The set normally sells for $210 to $300 depending on where you puchase it and includes the following tools:
    • 3/4" roughing gouge
    • 3/8" spindle gouge
    • 3/8" bowl gouge
    • 3/4" oval skew
    • 1/8" standard parting tool
    • 1/2" round scraper
    I have this set and have been extremely satisfied with it. The only modification I made was regrinding the bowl gouge to a fingernail profile.

sorby tool sale at Rockler

I went the next day after the sale started and bought the Ellsworth signature gouge for 70.00. they were already out and had to order it. I have one I bought for 109.00 and this was too good to pass up. Max

Tim,

Thanks so much for posting this. I've been wanting to upgrade and this is just what I was looking for. A quick phone call to our friends at Rockler and I am now the proud owner of this set. Just have to wait until this weekend to pick it up.

Thanks again.

Jim

The Portland, ME store is out and advising that there are very limited quantities of these sets. Move quickly would be my advice.

Blog Entries
    I went the next day after the sale started and bought the Ellsworth signature gouge for 70.00. they were already out and had to order it. I have one I bought for 109.00 and this was too good to pass up. Max
    I saw that too. Even though I already have a bowl gouge, I may pick up the Ellsworth. At that price, its worth experimenting with. Also, there have been a few occassions I wish I kept the traditional grind on my Sorby Bowl gouge so I may buy the Ellsworth and re-grind the Sorby.

Thanks for posting this...I read it right before I headed out the door to my doctors appointment which took me right by Rockler. Score!

Talking

Just got the set in the mail today - My wife called the 800 number 3 hours after the sale started and they were out. She hung up and the store in Minneapolis they said they had 6 left and they would put a set in the mail on Monday. Great service from a great store.