Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: "Weekend Doin's"

Smile "Weekend Doin's"

Friday February 15th, 2008

GOOD MORNING "CREEKERS"!

Getting a late start this morning. After 12 inches of new snow yesterday and this morning waking to 0 degrees I'm depressed. At least we're going to see the sun today. Sunday more snow coming, predictions of up to 18 inches. This is really getting old and we're going to have some real flooding problems when all this snow starts to melt. At least I hope it will stop and we'll have a spring.

No WW'ing for me again. Just too cold to try and heat the shop, so I'll have to find other things to keep me occupied. One of those will be the Daytona 500 Sunday. Saturday it's off to WC in Madison to pick up a L-N medium sholder plane. Been wanting one [sholder plane] for quite awhile, and with the sale going on it seems like a good time to pick one up.

What's up in your neck of the woods? I hope you all have a good, prosperous and, above all, a safe weekend.

Please keep all those @ NIU in your prayers as they deal with the tragedy of Thursday afternoon.

Karl
    Creeker Visits. They're the best.

More work on my parents bathroom is in store for me. I pretty much have to get all the trim installed and install the toilet/sink by Sunday night. Also have to deal with our furnace issue. Hopefully the HVAC guy will be calling shortly with news that they found a heat exchanger for it, but if not we're going to have to come up with a plan B (or maybe I should say plan $B$ )

Woodworking-wise I'm hoping to get started on the register covers I asked about last week. I still want to get a clone of the Festool Sysport built but probably won't get to that until at least next weekend.

I hope to be able to finish the top coat on my pantry units but according to the weather guys don't think that is going to happen. They are forecasting thunderstorms all weekend here. Saturday evening we're suppose to go to my SIL, she is opening a new restaurant and is having a pre-opening affair.

Sunday if the weather isn't cooperating for my finish work I may play will a little scroll work; haven't done that in a while, maybe it will help me in my fine detail work on other projects.
    David

More going through my grandmother's stuff, but I'll be doing some saw sharpening and then, hopefully, I'll start building my first box.

Tom
    Are you getting something out of your time here? You are? Great...then now's the time to give a little something back! Contribute!

Refinishing two antique mahogany tables I bought recently, refinishing another table for a gentleman, and working on my workbench I am building. Then DAYTONA!!!!!

No woodworking this weekend.

Saturday we drive to Tri-Cities area for a gathering with co-workers. Dinner and go to a hockey game.

Sunday drive home.

If the weather holds out, we might get home in time to watch the Daytona 500....
    Ken

So much to learn, so little time.....

Closet built-ins part 2

This is what I got done last weekend in our hall closet. Oak plywood from the depot, edge banded stained and poly'd, painted the walls. Was pretty much all my wife's design, shelves sized for the canvas baskets she likes, home for the vacums...

This weekend its a similar theme, both of the bedroom closets getting similar treatment, although in melamine to eliminate painting.

also, picking up a dewalt 735 at lunch time today

Nice work, Andrew.

I will be applying a faux frame to a couple of mirrors, disposing some hazardous waste (unused concrete chemicals), and begin replacing some rotting exterior wood.

I am taking my youngest daughter and one of her classmates snow boarding this evening, Then she has 2 indoor softball games tomorrow. On Sunday I get to pick up my new toy....a JML1014VS and then I have a corporate dinner meeting on Sunday evening. I know, pretty boring except for getting the new toy and spending time with my daughter.
    Grant
    GO Buckeyes!

I am off to see my parents in PA this weekend. After that, I will be picking up a trailer load of gloats to share with pictures sometime next week. Hopefully my dad and I will get to work on some of his cabinetry for his soon-to-be-finished basement.

going to the WW show in about 15 min

Blog Entries
    Well, I actually finished the shop last night with sealing the connections of the DC pipe. I would say the shop is offically done as far as a shop can ever really be finished, for now. My first project in the new shop will be this weekend and I'll start roughing (coring) out some very large maple (23-24" dia.)on the lathe so I can get the wood out of the garage and make my wife smile.

I'm replacing/upgrading the motor on my lathe. 1/2HP to 1HP with an older Baldor motor I found on Craigslist for $40. Haven't turned in over a week because my old motor froze...can't wait to get it finished...

Quote Originally Posted by Mike Kenney View Post
    going to the WW show in about 15 min
    I'm headed there around lunch time tomorrow.
    Sunday will be testing out the Timberwolf blade for re-sawing.

Thunderstorms and rain here also. Temps to be in the low 50s now instead of the 40s. Will get the pieces of laminate cut and ready to glue down another weekend. Will mess with my last Herc-U-Lirt for the SCMS cart...hopefully figure out a way to attach it to the stand I've built. Beyond that, don't know. Wish the weather would co-operate temp wise to glue the laminate down, but I don't want to take the chance of ruining it since it will be below the temps the contact cement says to use it in.
    Hope everyone has a good weekend! Jim.
    Coolmeadow Setters...Exclusively Irish! When Irish Eyes are smiling....They're usually up to something!!
    Home of Irish Setter Rescue of North Texas.
    No, I'm not an electrician. Any information I share is purely what I would do myself. If in doubt, hire an electrician!
    Member of the G0691 fan club!
    At a minimum, I'm Pentatoxic...Most likely I'm a Pentaholic. There seems to be no known cure. Pentatonix, winners of The Sing Off, s3.