Loren..great story. It's awesome that you get to live in a house that your dad built and trimmed. Priceless.

I remember my grandfather using his Dewalt RAS as a shaper. Some of the Dewalts and Craftsman RAS had an arbor on the opposite side of the motor from the saw blade arbor which allowed the cutter to spin in the correct ie: non-climb direction. You mounted the shaper arbor to the motor to accept the cutters (there was a cutter guard available) and set up the table/fence to accommodate this. By canting the head you could simulate a tilting arbor shaper and produce interesting moldings. Raising and lowering the arm let you make complex profiles with multiple cuts.

However, the idea of putting a TS molder head on a RAS in the rip orientation is asking for trouble. Mahogany mills like butter. Some species have hard spots and grain that changes direction...these things will get you no matter how careful and experienced you are.

I remember my careful experienced grandfather shooting a white oak kickback off the RAS into the foundation wall...pieces of wood were imbedded into the concrete. Lesson: Climb cuts are dangerous.