Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: What's this dingus on the threading jig for?

NO answers to my question?

Here's a end view of the part what I'm asking about:
    Attached Images Attached Images

At one place in Jean Michel's pictures he says he was inspired by articles in FWW - Aug 1992. I wonder if the secrets are found there - anyone have this 16 year old issue?

He also references an article by "Mike Green & Peter Toch".

Based on what I see and past experience with threaded rod of this type I'd say it was a means of illiminating the backlash.
    Always drink upstream of the herd.

Jim, judging from the drawing, that slight movement would take up the slack in the threads.
    Can you tell me... what is the "dresser" that gentleman made his thread cutter from? I'd like to get one. I plan on using a small router... just wondered if I could make a cutter like he did..????
    Allen
    The good Lord didn't create anything without a purpose, but mosquitoes come close.
    And.... I'm located just 1,075 miles SW of Steve Schlumpf.

And Jim...Is there any way you could put together a simple tutorial?Prices,pictures,soures.The one you posted showed a lot of metal machine work that would be out of my realm.
    It seems to me more people would be interested in this great addition to lidded boxes.

I made Jean's threader and am very happy with it. The "Hicky Thingy" you are refering to is for slop. The threader works like a champ.

Walt

Jim,

I found out over the weekend that the "Wood River" chuck inserts sold at Woodcraft will also fit the Supernova chucks.

Turns out that this would be a cheap/easy way to adapt a chuck to the 3/4-16 rod. The insert is $5, and would be much cheaper than most spindle adapters.

Of course that is only good if your chuck is a Supernova.

http://www.woodcraft.com/family.aspx?FamilyID=20042

Keep us posted!