Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: PeachTree Woodworking Store

I put in an order for some DVD / VCR's on carving, ball & claw etc.. that I couldn't seem to find anywhere else and received a quote. Goods around US$90, shipping (Australia) over US$100 - no express or anything like that. Needless to say I cancelled the order.

Brett I don't know if this holds true for DVD" but we purchased some VHS tapes in England some years ago and they would not play in our US configured VCR It asir related to the frequency of the input signal to the TV. I would hate for you to buy these and not be able to use them. Perhaps someone more technicallly competent could expand on this.

The whole world is divided up by commercial and government interests into zones.

Cloths shoes etc that sell in one zone for a certain price may sell in another for a dramatically different price. I had a friend in Albania who earned his living buying retail in one zone than packing his car full and selling the stuff to retailers on a higher priced zone - and there was enough profit left for the retailers to sell to the public at a profit.

This is why the $300.00 pair of sneakers you buy in the USA will be selling for $3.00 in China.

The Movie industry has done this with DVDs. Your player is tied to the zone in which you bought it. It won't play disks from other zones.

You can however buy a zone free DVD player.
    They sell 'em in Europe and online.