Thread: Double your box turning pleasure!!!

Double your box turning pleasure!!!

There will be two opportunities for box makers to display their creations at the 2008 AAW Symposium in Richmond.

The big news is that the AAW is setting aside a section specifically devoted to boxes in the main Instant Gallery. The Instant Gallery will be on display for the entire Symposium, so box makers should plan to place their best work there. All box makers should strive to make this Instant Gallery the largest display of turned boxes ever seen.

On Friday evening there will be a Box Turning Special Interest Night session. During this session there will be a turned box exhibition for that evening only where those choosing to participate may exhibit up to two boxes. In conjunction with the Special Interest Night session, Mr. Richard Raffan, Dr. Kip Christensen, Mr. Mark St. Leger, Mr. Benoit Averly and a mystery guest will be available for a “Question and Answer” session after a review of the boxes on display. The Box Turning Special Interest Night session will be hosted by Ed Moore and Mike Stafford.

With the large number of demonstrations devoted to turning boxes and two opportunities to view turned boxes, this could prove to be the “Symposium of the Boxes.” I hope everyone interested in boxes will participate in the Instant Gallery section dedicated to boxes and also in the Special Interest Night Box Exhibition.

Hope to see you and your boxes in Richmond!!!
    Big Mike

I have done so much with so little for so long I am now qualified to do anything with nothing......

P.S. If you are interested in plans for any project that I post, just put some money in an envelope and mail it to me and I will keep it.

Please allow me to offer my CONGRATS to ya Big Mike. Wish I could make it. I wish you success.
    Thanks & Happy Wood Chips,
    Dennis -
    Get the Benefits of Being an SMC Contributor..!
    ....DEBT is nothing more than yesterday's spending taken from tomorrow's income.

Congratulations Mike!

I wish I could be there to meet all of y'all and enjoy all the fantastic boxes you make.

Thank you gentlemen! I am just trying to promote one aspect of our craft that I am addicted to...I just don't want to be an addict by myself.

Ya'll come. I promise a good time.
    Big Mike

I have done so much with so little for so long I am now qualified to do anything with nothing......

P.S. If you are interested in plans for any project that I post, just put some money in an envelope and mail it to me and I will keep it.

I think that the level of box-making is going to be really eye opening, Mike! I'll miss the symposium again this year, but know it will be very succesful. Congrats on your own contributions to this great event!
    --

The most expensive tool is the one you buy "cheaply" and often...

Big Mike I probably won't bring any boxes but I am flying in for the Symposium and can't wait for the Friday night special. This will be my first symposium so excited about the whole thing. We were coming down in June anyway to visit the kids so did a little switching here and there at work so I could make this weekend. My son is coming with me the first day so who knows maybe it will rub off on him. Look forward to meeting you Mike. I have driven thru your town twice before going to Washington, NC to see my sister.
    Bernie

Never put off until tomorrow what you can do the day after tomorrow.

To succeed in life, you need three things: a wishbone, a backbone and a funnybone.

Bernie, flying is not an excuse. Boxes do not take up a lot of room in your suit case. Do like I do and put them in a pair of socks for protection. Just make sure you do not have more than 3 ounces of your favorite liquid in them...Oh, that might be something else....
    Big Mike

I am really looking forward to Friday evening. It will be interesting and undoubtedly very educational learning more about boxes.

I feel I am at a point in the evolution of my turning where I am beginning to take the first steps outside the box and I don't want to give up turning boxes out there. I know there will be master minds to pick to help me make that step without omitting the world of boxes.

keithz
    Don't burn the wood, turn the wood.