Thread: Hold the Mayo

Hold the Mayo

I use the rectangular Mayo jars from Kraft to store various items in the shop,decided to build a rack to hold them, had six of them lined up on my tablesaw top to get the measurements, in one I had tossed a small magnet,flat 1X2' ,it adhered to the tablesaw top,it occurred to me that this might come in handy when changing scroll saw blades or etc. as it was just enough force to hold the container in place but easily removed. I use these containers to store numerous items such as jig saw blades, recip blades,odd drill bits etc. Just thought I would pass this along.

Thats a fine idea Vernon. I learned the hard way years ago that my shop & glass don't get along so I hope these jars are plastic.
    I usually find it much easier to be wrong once in while than to try to be perfect.

My web page has a pop up. It is a free site, just close the pop up on the right side of the screen

Agree on the glass,these are plastic and semi rectangular,lid snaps on but has a full sizef;ip top so you can get all the mayo out.Think I will go make a sandwich,need another container.

Blog Entries
    Good idea, I've also been using the square buckets that cat littler comes in for storage instead of the ubiquitous drywall compound buckets since they stack better and have less room for things to fall behind.

BTW - baby food jars filled with nails gets my vote for worst idea ever, I knocked over a shelf of these 3 years ago and I'm still finding shards of glass.