Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Thread: A Most Tragic Day for The Creek and All Who Visit

My condolences to Ken's family.
    Steve

Most shocking and sad news for sure Keith. Ken's family and loved ones will be kept in my prayers. Ken was a tough fighter, but can rest now from all further battles.

My most sincere condolences.
    Last edited by Bob Noles; 05-02-2008 at 6:38 PM.

Blog Entries
    I was priveleged to meet Ken on two occasions and both were memorable experiences. He helped my daughter turn her first pen, which she later gave to me. What impressed me the most was his ability to instill confidence in novice woodturners that they could do the turning themselves.

He will be greatly missed.
    Lee Schierer
    USNA '71
    Go Navy!

My advice, comments and suggestions are free, but it costs money to run the site. If you found something of value here please give a little something back by becoming a contributor! Please Contribute

Tony
    Tony

"Soldier On"

To some extent every post made here is a tribute to The Old Rebel. I remember many times when I was having problems here consulting with Ken over the phone with both of us brainstorming to try and decide on the best course of action to solve the problem at hand. Many times in the past when my frustration and worry peaked over how I was going to pay the bills here it was Ken who would call me and offer advice and support, mostly a few jovial words to calm me down I guess but his wit was hard to deny.

There were many times we disagreed but I never doubted Ken's loyalty or his commitment here and to the Freedom Pens Project. There won't be a day in our future that I log into The Creek that I won't miss him and his sense of humor.

Ken helped us put together the SawMill Creek SwapMeet we had here at our home several years ago and I have video of Ken's pen turning demonstration at the Five Barns Picnic we attended awhile back. Those who never had the opportunity to sit a talk with Ken while he was consuming his favorite beverage missed out on one of life's memorable experiences

Last edited by Keith Outten; 05-03-2008 at 7:01 AM.

I am also saddened by this news. The Creek lost a good one today.

Ken, slap Dale on the back for us and and have a good talk.

Jim.
    Coolmeadow Setters...Exclusively Irish! When Irish Eyes are smiling....They're usually up to something!!
    Home of Irish Setter Rescue of North Texas.
    No, I'm not an electrician. Any information I share is purely what I would do myself. If in doubt, hire an electrician!
    Member of the G0691 fan club!
    At a minimum, I'm Pentatoxic...Most likely I'm a Pentaholic. There seems to be no known cure. Pentatonix, winners of The Sing Off, s3.

This is indeed a sad day, not only for his family, but his on-line family as well. I truly wish that I had had the fortune to meet Ken in person here on this Earth, but thru his many activities and posts I do feel that I knew him well. Ken, you will be missed by all of those you have touched. Rest in Peace. Our prayers are with you and your family.

Mark

Post I ,

Am so sorry to hear the news ~ I really liked Ken , He was full of wisdom , a great individual and he will be sadly missed .
    Brian

I sad day indeed. Coach and I had more in common than woodworking. There have been many PM's and emails about our other love in a past life. We both enjoyed coaching young adults. I will always remember and respect The Coach... as a friend.

God please watch over the Coach...but be prepared to hear some good stories.
    Glenn Clabo
    Michigan

Mt. Juliet, TN/ on the road full time in 38' Fleetwood Revolution Motor Home
    I am saddened to here of Ken's passing and offer my deepest sympathy to his family. He will be sorely missed in the WW world. I know he fought a long a hard battle.

While I never had the pleasure of meeting Ken, I still felt I know him pretty well from the days at Badger Pond and then Sawmill Creek. He seemed like a man of strong conviction. As a former high school coach and AD myself, I always appreciated his "Bear Bryant" quote at the bottom of his postings. It told you a lot about his character and pride. I wish him peace and comfort in the better place that he is in now. His wisom and wit will be missed. My thoughts and prayers are wiht his family.

Jim

Al

sorry to hear it , my condolences

As a newbie here I never had any interaction with Ken but it's obvious what kind of influence he had (has) here. I don't know him and yet I feel a bit of a loss.
    Keith, if you care to share what Ken's favorite beverage was, I might tilt one in his honor.

God Speed.

Richard